Deliver yourself a rewarding career with Royal Mail where you will have the chance to make someone's day, every day.
Whether it is delivering a letter from friend, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello, the postmen and women of Royal Mail are delivering more than just the post.
Everyday is a day for sending, sharing, giving and receiving for Royal Mail; through wind, rain, snow and sunshine postal workers are, for many, a much-needed connection to the world outside of a door.
It takes a strong sense of community and a passion for connecting with people of all ages and from all walks of life, to be a Royal Mail postman or woman. As a pillar of the community and a dependable link to loved ones near and far postal workers enjoy a rewarding a varied position at the forefront of one of the UK’s most trusted delivery companies.
For a post man or woman, a usual day will start at the delivery office sorting the mail for their route before joining a colleague in a shared van to begin their round.Lugging a heavy bag is a thing of the past, with trolleys to help carry the load and hand-held devices to make collecting customer signatures easy a standard round takes around 4 hours to complete.
To become a Royal Mail postman or post woman you do need to love being outdoors and maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle because the post must always be delivered, what-ever the weather.
For a postman/woman role that includes driving responsibilities you will need a full and valid UK driving license. A clean license is preferred but up to 6 penalty points are also considered.
- Passion for working outdoors and maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Full valid UK driving license (Driving responsible roles only)
- Less than 6 penalty points on your license (ideally a clean license is preferred)(Driving responsible roles only)
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Team player
- Great communication skills
- Strong sense of community
- Local knowledge
- Competitive salary
- Weekly Pay
- Instant access to Blue Arrow’s online training portal
- Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme