Are you looking for a customer orientated job that provides a stable income, regular shifts and excellent career prospects?
If so, you are in luck as a Barista job can provide all of these things and what’s more, Blue Arrow recruits Baristas for Sodexo to fulfil roles in many areas.
If you are a person who enjoys working with the public, providing an excellent level of customer service at all times, then a Barista job may be the perfect job for you.
What are the main duties of a Barista?
A Barista takes on a range of roles including:
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and speciality beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment
- Cleaning service and seating areas
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers
- Servicing customers and taking orders
- Ordering, receiving and distributing stock supplies
- Receiving and processing customer payments
To land a job as a Barista you will need to show some previous experience in a retail or hospitality role such as waiter/waitressing, front of house, coffee shop or café experience.
- Alongside some of these more general skill, good Baristas should possess:
- Great communication skills
- A happy, friendly personality
- Customer service skills and knowledge
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important. With a Barista job you will often find that your shifts include days and weekends and, on many occasions, include Bank Holidays. Shift working can work extremely well for those who have home and family commitments providing a career that enables you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Throughout your career as a Barista you will gain a vast cross-section of transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, organisation, problem-solving, multitasking, reliability and attention to detail that can be utilised in many roles and industries.
If you are enthusiastic about self-development and embrace opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge whenever possible, you could build a long and rewarding career, not only as a Barista but also in other roles in the catering and hospitality industry.
Ready to apply for a Barista job? Click here to see our latest opportunities.