As one of the UK’s largest financial groups, Lloyds Banking Group’s scale and breadth means your career aspirations could become a reality, especially as a Business Administrator.
This is an administration based role that is perfect for those who love to work systematically and efficiently. With little to no telephony work involved, this is a great opportunity to work within a big banking brand without spending your day fielding telephone enquiries like you could do in other positions.
Banking Administrators work in a small team of 8-10 people and report to the Team Manager. Your working day will involve:
- Switching business bank accounts.
- Processing any time-sensitive requests.
- Maintaining and updating information held on a data base or manually.
- Liaising with internal/external banking customers and clients.
Each morning you will receive a brief covering your tasks for that day and detailing any targets that have been set. All you have to do is work through the tasks you have been set quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy at all times.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Business Administrator for Lloyds Banking Group because your natural productivity and efficiency traits are much more important in a role like this. Some general skills that would be useful in this role are:
- How to use Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- How to use the internet.
- Time management.
Lloyds Banking Group recognises the importance of supporting each team members career development to ensure they make the most of their people’s talents whilst helping them to build personalised, compelling careers. They are committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support so you will be taught everything you need to know in order to settle in quickly and excel in your work but if you have a background in any of these areas then you will be one step ahead of the competition:
- Computer or telephone technical support.
- Customer service.
Lloyds banking Group have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing temporary staff onto permanent roles. If you work hard and strive to hit or exceed your targets, embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and display a keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the brand's end to end goals, you are in with a great chance of a long enjoyable career with Lloyds Banking Group.
Being a Lloyds Banking Group colleague certainly has its benefits, from a great hourly rate to regular weekday hours, with all of this to top it off:
- Excellent prospects for a permanent position.
- Extensive training and development opportunities.
- Performance based pay rewards.
The recruitment process starts with CV selection, but the entire process can take a couple of weeks due to the thorough background checks and candidate screening processes that are in place to ensure the high standards you would expect are upheld. You can read more about the application process here.
Did you know that for the first 100 years of its existence, Lloyds Bank prospered from just a single Birmingham office? Today the group serves more than 25 million customers and brings together a host of well-known brands. As a Business Administrator you will be working in one of the Lloyds Banking Group contact centres in Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Glasgow or Liverpool.
All locations are supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for most sites. Many of the workplaces benefit from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use too. You can take a look at the locations in more detail here.
In 1914 Lloyds Banking Group was at the forefront of modern day thinking, making over 2,000 roles available to women throughout the war. Today Lloyds Banking Group is still committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities it serves, and to creating an inclusive workplace where all colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
Become part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference by clicking on over to our opportunities page and applying for one of the Business Banking Administrator roles that we have available.
Role responsibilities in focus
- Understanding and interpreting data at a basic level.
- Process work in line with agreed procedures and banking brand rules or scripts.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis.
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
- Resolve queries and escalate as necessary (i.e. a Team Leader/Manager/other group) and log if appropriate.
- Liaise with internal/external banking customers and clients.
- Maintain and update information held on a data base or manually.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Confident in processing a high volume of transactions while maintaining high level of accuracy at all times.
- Able to work in a team or other structured environment.
- Articulate and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients.
If you are not sure that a Business Administrator role is the perfect fit then explore some of the other Lloyds Banking Group roles, we are sure you will find one that is just right for you.