This is a job where you’ll be the face of the business, delivering exceptional customer service to create memorable dining experiences.
About you: Are you a team player with good listening skills, the ability to follow instructions and a willingness to learn? Do you have great communication skills and an unflappable, positive attitude? Do you understand the importance of health and hygiene requirements and are you able to work quickly whilst maintaining high standards and exceptional attention to detail? Would you like to be part of a team that takes pride in its food and its people? Then this could be the job for you.
What you’ll be doing as a Customer Service Assistant:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights clients and customers.
- Serving customers, ensuring they receive a seamless, personalised experience.
- Being knowledgeable about the food service on offer.
- Representing Compass and maintaining a positive brand image.
- Handling cash and operating the till.
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards.
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations.
Skills, qualifications and experience needed for Customer Service Assistant jobs:
- A passion for delivering outstanding service, greeting customers with a smile and serving them with pride.
- Being happy to take the initiative and make decisions that are right for customers.
- An excellent team player with great communication skills.
- A desire to succeed in your role.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional timekeeping and reliability.
- A safety-first mindset.
- Previous culinary experience is an advantage.
- Food Safety Hygiene Level 1.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
What could a Customer Service Assistant role lead to?
Customer Service Assistants are well suited to any job that involves dealing with customers, such as hotel work and other leisure and tourism jobs. If you want to move further into management in the restaurant industry, this role could help you progress up the career ladder.
View the latest Compass jobs listed below to see what Customer Service Assistant roles are available, or click here for all Customer Service Assistant roles across multiple companies. If a Customer Service Assistant role is not for you, have a look at other Compass roles we recruit for: