The recruitment process will differ from site to site depending on the role that is being fulfilled but there are some procedures that are part of the standard recruitment process in all cases.
All candidates will be invited to an initial face-to-face discussion. This is where you will have the opportunity to find out more about the role and ask any questions you may have.
During this discussion we will seek to find out about your working history, skills and attributes to ensure you are a good fit for the role and that Capita is a good fit for you.
It is important that customers know that their sensitive and personal data is being handled by someone trustworthy and so the next stage will consist of a compliance check. This is known as interim clearance which will consist of:
- A fully completed Blue Arrow application form
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of National Insurance
- Financial probity (this is not a credit check, it looks at County Court Judgements (CCJ) and bankruptcies only)
- Identification confirmation
- Proof of address
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or Disclore Scotland (Scotland)
- International Sanctions
- Media checks
- 1 years references (written or verbal)
- Professional qualification checks where required.
- Employment gaps exceeding 30 days will require justification.
We will also conduct any Capita client specific checks that are needed depending on the role you will be fulfilling.
You can help speed up the application process by gathering all of the information together beforehand so it is organised and ready for us to work through.
You can use this checklist to ensure you have everything you need ahead of time.
- Proof of address
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- National Insurance number
- Addresses spanning the last 3 years
- Complete work history and explanations for breaks in employment
- Contact details for references
If you have any questions about the compliance process or any history that you would like to discuss before you apply then please do get in touch, we are here to help you.