During 2020, the TV Licensing Agency will communicate to the public about the government funded free Licenses for over 75’s coming to an end, resulting in many households who do not receive Pension Credit paying for their new Licence.
As the new scheme comes into force, many customers will need assistance and high call volumes to the customer service team are expected. This means hundreds of job opportunities have opened up for customer service professionals to join the Capita, TV Licensing team in Bury, Greater Manchester.
If you are a people loving, problem solver then this customer service opportunity is perfect for you. It will take a great deal of listening and open communication to ensure you are explaining things clearly and reassuring customers that you are here to help no matter what the problem or question may be.
As a Customer Service Advisor on Capita’s TV Licensing team you will be taking incoming calls from customers with varied requests from how to set up a new Licence, change personal details or questions regarding TV Licence policies and regulations.
Change is difficult for many of us, it can be confusing, worrying, frustrating and disorientating so it will require the warmest, friendliest, most engaging and understanding individuals to help manage the high levels of inbound calls that Capita anticipate they will receive from customers over the age of 75, their family and their friends.
Your main priority throughout this nationally, high profile campaign, will be to ensure that every customer is helped with their query, feels reassured and comes away not only happy but feeling as though they have received a personalised and premium service.
- Receiving incoming calls from TV Licensing customers, their friends or their family to assist with setting up future payment plans for their TV Licence.
- Handling a variety of requests and queries regarding new Licences, policy and regulation queries and changes to personal details.
- Accurately capture data and enter it into the relevant systems.
- Provide a quality service that resolves issues first time and promotes the legal requirements for a TV Licence.
- Embrace in house training and development opportunities.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Empathy and understanding.
- Strong listening skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- IT literate.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competitive salary.
- 28 days’ holiday (including public holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Wide range of discounts on many products and services.
- Childcare scheme.
- Interest-free season ticket loans.
- Monthly incentive schemes.
Technical experience and official qualifications are not the most important things in a role like this, it is who you are and the skills you naturally possess that make you an outstanding Customer Service Advisor. Skills such as these cannot be taught, they are simply a part of who you are, and your natural ability is exactly what we are looking for.
All you have to do is bring your natural people skills to work every day and Capita will support you in any additional training and development you may want or need to ensure you are pushing your boundaries and challenging yourself to learn and grow.
The Customer Service team will be located in the Capita Building on Dumers Lane in Bury BL9 9QL. You can find more detailed information about the location including transport links and access to food and drink outlets for lunch here.
Embark on a new career, take pride in your job, earn a great salary, enjoy the perks of being a Capita colleague and really make a difference to someone’s day.