From cards to gifts, letters to Santa and the all-important Christmas jumpers, a Mail Centre can process over a million items in any one shift.
Efficient and organised Warehouse Operatives (Mail Sorters) who thrive in a fast paced atmosphere and who can work to efficient process methods, adapting to various roles are the key to making the processing chain run smoothly.
Joining Parcelforce Worldwide as a Warehouse Mail Sorter provides a varied role that includes unloading mail from vans, moving it around in trolleys, manually sorting, scanning and labelling parcels or letters.
The Mail Processing Centre operates a fast an effective system that will see you working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits organised individuals who thrive on order, systematic working and keeping busy. Some of the key attributes that will ensure you are a great fit for this role are;
- Positive Attitude: You need to be upbeat, enthusiastic and organised in your approach to work. The mail centres can get extremely busy and customers are relying on you and your colleagues to process parcels quickly and efficiently to ensure they leave the processing centre on time and in perfect condition.
- Physically Fit: This fast paced environment has a high volume of parcels passing through every day so you will need the ability to move around with ease while at times lifting and carrying parcels weighing up to 30kg.
- Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
Operative roles in a Parcelforce Worldwide depot generally provide excellent shifts for working around home commitments, with various morning, late and night shifts available.
The Parcelforce Worldwide depot locations are always supported by excellent transport links due to their excellent and easy access locations so you should find that travelling to work via car or public transport is easy.
This is your chance to become an integral part of the Warehouse Mail Sorting team as a Warehouse Operative (Mail Sorter) in a Parcelforce Worldwide Processing Centre. Enjoy working with your team to ensure a world class service is delivered every time and help this renowned postal service maintain its reputation as one of the UK’s most well-loved brands.
- Competitive salary.
- Weekly Pay.
- Instant access to Blue Arrow’s online training portal.
- Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme .
Check out our other Parcelforce Worldwide roles: