Help to deliver an outstanding service and drive your career forward as a Multi-Drop Delivery Driver for the UK’s best known parcel delivery service, Parcelforce Worldwide.
At Parcelforce Worldwide it’s not just what you do, it’s how you do it that matters. That’s why Parcelforce Worldwide are on the lookout for an excellent Collection and Delivery Drivers to join their dedicated team, support their growing business and exceed their customer’s expectations.
As a Multi-Drop (Collection and Delivery) Driver for Parcelforce Worldwide you will be working independently to collect and deliver parcels to households and businesses throughout the area local to the depot so local knowledge would be an advantage. Your working hours will usually be 9.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday but you will need to be flexible and willing to work the occasional Saturday if needed.
You will be responsible for planning your route at the start of every shift providing you with the opportunity to work with efficiency and autonomy to complete your collections and deliveries your way, simply driving the route, scanning parcels on and off route while interacting with customers, providing the excellent levels of customer service that we expect of our postal and delivery services.
We know that all professional Drivers pride themselves on their commitment to deliver on time whatever the load and so if you are a qualified and experienced driver who has the self-motivation and dedication to thrive in the driving force behind one of the UK’s most trusted delivery companies, then a job as a Multi-drop Driver could be perfect for you.
You must hold a full UK driving licence permitting 3.5 tonne and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles to be considered for a delivery driving position. A standard full UK driving licence would permit you to drive a 3.5 tonne vehicle. A clean licence is preferred but drivers with up to 6 penalty points will usually be considered.
Aside from the required driving qualifications there are a few other things that will ensure you are great fit for this job:
- Positive Attitude: You do need to have a passion for driving, even when it is busy out on the roads, lots of traffic and long queues can make even the bubbliest of us a little grumpy so a happy, positive attitude will go a long way.
- People Skills: As a Delivery Driver, you have the chance to make someone's day, every day – whether it is delivering a letter from friend, the latest gadget to an eagerly waiting customer, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello, when you work for a delivery service you are delivering more than just a parcel.
- Physically Fit: This interactive, customer focused door-to-door service will require you to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg so do take a moment to consider the physical aspects of this role.
- Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
- Full valid UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles.
- Less than 6 penalty points on your licence (ideally a clean licence is preferred).
- The ability to lift and carry parcels up to 30kg.
- Competitive salary.
- Weekly Pay.
- Instant access to Blue Arrow’s online training portal.
- Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme.
Check out our other Parcelforce Worldwide roles: