Take your career up a gear and join Royal Mail where there are a host of HGV Class 1 driving opportunities for qualified, reliable, and flexible drivers to become an integral part of the Royal Mail logistical team helping to deliver a one-price-goes-anywhere postal service to 29 million addresses across the UK.
At Royal Mail, HGV Class 1 drivers work independently to collect and transport mail along fixed routes, delivering it on to the next stage in the process using a fixed route system.
This system ensures that all driversare able to work with efficiency and autonomy to complete their work in their own way, simply driving the route, loading and unloading, maintaining the security of the load and the condition of the vehicle.
Unlike many driving roles there are no multidrop routes and no overnight stays for the C&E drivers of Royal Mail, the multi-drop routes are taken care of by the Parcel and Letter Delivery Drivers.
This role suits qualified and experienced HGV Class 1 drivers who have the self-motivation and dedication to thrive in the driving force behind one of the UK’s most trusted delivery companies.
- Full valid UK manual C&E driving license (large Goods Vehicle Class 1)
- Hold a full Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC)
- Digi Tacho Knowledge
- Less than 6 penalty points on your license (ideally a clean license is preferred)
- Pass Royal Mails driving assessment
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred
- Ability to provide 5 years work and address history
- Independent and self-motivated
- Organised and efficient
- Competitive salary
- No overnight stays
- No multi-drops
- Weekly Pay Minimum 8 hours paid per shift
- Paid assessments
- Enhanced rates for Ltd CO Drivers