This role can also be referred to as an FLT driver and there are roles for Warehouse Assistant FLT.
Various shifts - days, afternoons and nights.
Temporary / Permanent.
Year-round, and throughout the UK we have warehouse opportunities for efficient and organised individuals who thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere, especially those who also have a reach or counterbalance forklift qualification.
Being able to operate machinery including forklifts, cherry pickers, and pallet jacks as well as possessing a good knowledge of hand tools makes you a perfect candidate for starting a long and rewarding career in a warehouse.
Building a career in a warehouse means you will be joining a large community of dedicated, hard working and energised individuals who pride themselves on their commitment and work ethic.
- Competitive salary
- Weekly Pay
- Instant access to Blue Arrow’s online training portal
- Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme
Forklift Truck Driver Duties
A warehouse forklift truck driving role provides a varied work day that includes:
- Moving delivered products from vehicles into the warehouse then stacking and palletising products.
- Moving pallets of products to and between warehouse racks.
- Utilising many equipment types including hand trucks, counterbalance forklifts, sit down forklifts, stand up forklifts, cherry-pickers, clamp and reach forklifts, industrial lift trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Using automatic and manual packing machines, scales and printing devices, labelling and managing inventory.
In this role you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits upbeat and self motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast paced and energised environment relies on organisation and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Picking and packing products, even when using machinery to help can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
Warehouses are usually located on the outskirts of cities, towns and villages and are positioned on large industrial landscapes with good access to main roads for the ease of goods transportation. Due to their location, warehouses are not always located on or near a bus route so travel to work may need some prior planning if you do not have a car.
Skills and attributes needed as a Forklift Driver
- Reach or Counterbalance Forklift Qualification
- Good organisational skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Literacy & numeracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Team player
If you feel that being a warehouse forklift truck driver is a good fit for you click over to our job opportunities pages to see what roles are currently available and where.