Here at Blue Arrow we have a fantastic opportunity for a Marcomms Executive to join our marketing team.Founded in 1959, Blue Arrow is one of...
Founded in 1959, Blue Arrow is one of the UK's largest specialist staffing companies. With over 500 recruitment professionals across more than 70 locations throughout the UK, including 54 high-street branches, Blue Arrow places over 60,000 people in work, each year.
We specialise in staffing for Admin & Secretarial including Call Centre, Transport & Logistics, Hospitality & Catering, Manufacturing & Production and Public Sector.
Our Enhancing People's Lives mission unites staff under a profound appreciation for their part in helping people find fulfilling work.
Proudly placed among The Sunday Times' Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and accredited Platinum status by Investors in People, Blue Arrow values people.
Our vision is to become the most trusted staffing company in the UK.
Our mission is to Enhance People's Lives. The provision of staff in the UK has become increasingly commoditised, with people being treated as numbers rather than individuals.
Blue Arrow promises to make a stand against this by ensuring the people we place in to work are given the opportunity to recognise their true potential and earn a living wage. We will do this by challenging low road activities wherever we find them and by working with clients that share our values.
You will be giving marcomms support to Blue Arrow and bringing exceptional internal and external marketing communications capability to our small but perfectly formed and diverse marketing team. The marketing team provides a wide range of expert support to the whole business including the branch network. Our key areas of focus have been on client and candidate attraction and retention.
2019 is an exciting year for Blue Arrow as one of the most established staffing agencies in the UK. We will be celebrating our 60th anniversary and making significant advancement in our technology investment. Communication will sit at the heart of this important change and you will be given the opportunity to help define the success of this role.
Key project/campaign themes for 2019 are:
- Annual staff conference where all 500+ staff come together for vision and mission alignment and a celebration of our achievements - see our website for conference and awards video
- Embedding @Workplace (Facebook for business) as our primary internal comms tool
- Helping the company modernise its intranet
- Working with the HR Director to ensure our continued success as a Times 100 Best Company
- And retaining our coveted Platinum Investors in People position
- You will be a key player when it comes to inspiring staff through our #BeBlueArrow campaign theme
- With your marketing colleagues, you will also be part of a team that builds the way Blue Arrow celebrates its 60th Birthday
As an experienced Marcomms communicator you will be our trusted advisor and handler of any reputation risks or threats.
In this pivotal role your expertise will be drawn on by a range of projects around the business, this may include support the promotion of thought-leadership seminars from time to time or helping raise awareness of the change that our investments in technology will bring to our Recruiter's roles.
You can expect copywriting, press release production some content management to be part of your day-to-day. You'll already confident planning and fulfilling integrated communications campaigns across a wide range of online and offline channels.
It would be fair to say that we are a very passionate marketing team even at times a tad excitable. We pride ourselves on delivering really good pieces of work that achieve the best returns possible against whatever our marketing/communication goals. You too will share our commitment to producing flawless work that reflects a strong attention to detail.
- Support the business with exceptional internal and external marketing communications
- Give exceptional copywriting support on all communication campaigns
- Provide excellent and timely PR support as and when needed
- Devise, plan and fulfil effective marketing communications campaigns
- Be a brand guardian and champion what good communication looks like
- Work with suppliers including briefing graphic designers and coordinating print with print providers as necessary
- Check external-facing channels for accurate and up-to-date content including our website and social channels
- Maintain accuracy and efficacy of integral communication platforms such as our intranet
- To share new ideas and thoughts for improvements that we can make
- Understand the wider context of communication in the business particularly against business goals and strategy
- Core working hours of the team is 9-5.30pm and are based at head office in Luton, Capability Green and you will need to travel to the office at least once per week but we can consider flexibility around working location and hours