Warehouse Operatives required for a large distributor in Wednesbury.As a warehouse operative you will be responsible for clearing cardboard, general department maintenance, putting away stock,...
12 Month Contract - Full Time
We're currently seeking Truro based Sample Handlers to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
This opportunity for Sample Handlers requires individuals with the right mindset to support the smooth running of the laboratory.
- Loading/unloading samples
- Lifting samples from delivery vans into porta cabin
- Booking in samples ready for transport
- Driving small van from porta cabin to lab site (very short drive, lab should only be on the other side of the car park)
- Delivering samples to the lab, collect waste material and return to cabin
This role requires the following skills:
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- A courteous manner
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role
- Manual handling skills
- Good standard of general education GCSE maths or English (or equivalent).
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £10.20 per hour.
You'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment during induction.
This role works on a shift pattern of Monday - Sunday, day shift: 8.00am-4.00pm, late shift: 3.30pm-11.30pm.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.