We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Adviser role in the Servicing Department with of one of the UK's largest retail banks. If you...
Blue Arrow is Currently Recruiting an exciting role in customer services for one of our key clients, they have a 15 year strategic partnership with our local authority, Southampton City Council and deliver a range of outsourced services on behalf of the council including;
- Property Consultancy
- Print & Post-room
- HR & Payroll
- Revenues & Benefits
- Customer Services
- Learning & Development
- Occupational Health
- Health & Safety
They provide Customer Services to a number of other local and central government authority's from the Southampton Office.
We are looking for focused individuals to join our team based in Southampton. The successful candidate will join a thriving business unit and will be required to have the determination and focus to drive to make a real difference to the running of the team.
To answer enquiries by letter, e-mail, telephone or in person regarding Council services in a timely and efficient manner in compliance with company policy and procedure, whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- To deal confidently, promptly and courteously with the public, Councillors and colleagues. To provide excellent customer service such that the service presents a good image of the Council and inspires confidence in the provision of services.
- To listen attentively to customer requirements asking pertinent questions to establish facts in order to gain a full understanding of the customer need
- To provide clear and concise responses to all enquiries and to ensure all information given is correct and accurate in response to the customer enquiry.
- To ensure that records, computer systems and information are maintained in an effective and correct manner.
- To refer unresolved actions to the Team Leader or relevant body for completion.
- To log, resolve, analyse and respond to complaints.
- To promote prevention of fraud by completing internal checks and controls and to refer any highlighted issues to the investigation team.
- Liaise and consult with other technical, clerical or administrative staff within the authority and any other organisations or agencies as necessary, in the interest of providing co-ordinated services and formulating effective policies and procedures
- Provide support to other team members.
- To assist with training, mentoring, and testing the knowledge of new members of staff.
- To assist with the ongoing training of staff.
- To record statistical information as required.
- To contribute to a safe working environment for colleagues and staff, and to act in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- To actively promote the services provided by the Council and any new initiatives.
- To adhere to the Data Protection Act
- To escalate unresolved issues to the Team Leader in the first instance.
- To promote a positive image
- To remain focused on the business requirements
- To assist the team in achieving the Service Level requirements
- To take part in team briefings and training programmes
- To assist with customer surveys
- To provide cover for other teams as required
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Clear speaking voice
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good keyboard skills
- The ability to work under own initiative within a team based environment
- Self motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse potentially confrontational situations and to remain calm and reasonable when dealing with difficult calls
- Previous telephone experience within a Contact Centre or Customer Service environment is desirable.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team.
- Willing to develop new skills beyond the core functions and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- The employee must pass a Criminal Records Bureau check.
If you think you have what it takes to become a Customer Service Adviser please click the apply button and one of our team will be in touch soon.