We are looking for a Housing Officer based in Bristol working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service...
Job Role: Senior Business Support Officer
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm (4.30pm on a Friday)
Pay Rate: £11.41
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: Central Bristol
To be responsible to the School Allocations Officer for the timely allocation of school places for pupils moving into the City and wishing to move between schools and the provisions of administrative support for the School Allocations Officers.
Key job accountabilities
- To be responsible for the allocation of school places for pupils moving into the area and those wishing to change schools, in accordance with the admission authority's policy, including advising parents/carers about procedures in respect of school appeals.
- Respond to a range of routine and more complex written, telephone and 'face to face' enquiries from a variety of sources (internal/external) either directly or by referral to an appropriate colleague to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Prioritise workload to ensure effective and timely resolution of queries to the satisfaction of customers for the effective performance of the team.
- Compose type and distribute routine and more complex correspondence. In addition, prepare more specialist/technical draft documents for approval as directed.
- To prepare, collate and co-ordinate case papers in support of the admission authority's submissions to Appeal Panels.
- To advise parents/carers and Head Teachers of the procedure involved when admitting a child to school outside their chronological age group.
Key job outcomes
- To collect and collate information from the schools regarding current numbers on roll and ensure that this is updated to facilitate 'pupil tracking'.
- Assist with the process of admissions to school for the 'bulk' intake and transfer of children between infant and junior schools.
- Operate a PC to amend/manipulate/develop spreadsheets, databases and other applications to produce statistical information and reports for management as required, in addition to supporting the overall objectives of the team.
- Carry out research and compile information relating to admissions issues, in support of special projects being undertaken within the team and prepare brief reports as required.
- Undertake general office duties.
- Ensure secure handling of confidential data and information to comply with the local Authority policy and within the Data Protection Act.
You will need
- Excellent phone skills, This person will be making and taking calls from the public.
- Polite, professional, flexible.
- Able to react quickly & respond as needed
- 1 year minimum experience in a similar role
If this role interests you then please upload a CV to this site.