Facilities Hire Duty ManagerPart time£13-£15 per hourResponsible for the supervision and smooth running of the organisation's facilities during periods of external community hire. To maintain the...
To support the Head of Estates & Facilities and the Estates Maintenance Engineer with the general maintenance and security of Trust premises to ensure safe, secure and clean environments conducive to learning.
- Undertake the opening and closing of Trust premises and maintain site security procedures.
- Undertake maintenance repairs and decorating.
- Operate the heating, lighting etc.
- Complete various health & safety checks including fire, COSHH, water hygiene, fire etc.
- Be proactive and enthusiastic in undertaking training to improve and enhance skills.
- Ensure that buildings and site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required.
- Act as a designated key holder for schools as directed.
- Report any breaches of security to the Estates Maintenance Engineer and Head Teacher and ensure that any resultant damage is resolved promptly.
- Prevent unauthorised/unsafe parking on school sites.
- Provide access to premises and arrange emergency repairs out of school hours.
- Remove snow and other obstructions from main entrances, steps, paths, car parks etc. and maintain adequate stocks of salt and sand.
- Notify the Estates Maintenance Engineer where there is a pest or vermin problem and deal with the issue as directed.
- Operate and regularly check systems, such as heating, cooling, lighting and security to ensure that the premises are at optimum operating levels.
- Undertake repairs and maintenance tasks of the buildings and site as requested by the Estates Maintenance Engineer.
- Undertake risk assessments before commencing any works.
- Liaise with the Estates Maintenance Engineer to ensure regular maintenance and safety checks are carried out as per yearly maintenance schedule.
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with schedules.
- Under the direction of the Estates Maintenance Engineer keep up to date records of daily and weekly health and safety checks.
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, reporting serious hazards to the Estates Maintenance Engineer and Head Teacher immediately.
- Assist the Head Teacher and Estates Maintenance Engineer with the operation of school alarm systems and fire evacuation procedures.
- Oversee onsite contractors, checking that work has been completed to required standards.
- Assist with the maintenance of grounds to a high standard at all times.
- Perform regular litter picking on school grounds to maintain a litter free environment at all times.
- Empty site waste bins regularly. Collect and assemble waste ready for collection.
- Undertake cleaning and supervision of cleaners as required.
- Monitor cleaning stock supplies and submit orders for processing to the Estates Maintenance Coordinator.
- Provide an effective porterage facility, operating agreed procedures for receiving, recording and directing all deliveries. Undertake the moving of furniture and equipment within schools as required.
- Assist with the setup of equipment and furniture for school events, including examinations.
- Assist as required with the supervision of various school and community letting events which may also be held during the evening and weekends.
- Undertake emergency cleaning and removal of graffiti.
- Ensure that the school buildings and site are clean, accessible and meet set hygiene standards. Supervise the work of the cleaning staff on a day-to-day basis and cover cleaning duties of absent cleaners.
- Store allocated equipment and chemicals safely and securely.
- Assist with deep-cleaning and maintenance programmes during school closure periods.
- Assist with the operation of the Trust's minibus fleet including keeping them clean. As required act as a minibus driver as part of a weekly rota, including school trips.
- Comply with environmentally friendly practices and policies within the Trust, including energy conservation and recycling.