Fixed Term Contract - Full Time night shift
We have several opportunities for Senior Warehouse Operatives based in Royal Leamington Spa who are comfortable working within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme. Prior experience of sample handling is desirable but not essential and full training will be provided.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced and dynamic laboratory environment.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also improving your CV and gaining vital laboratory experience that will set you up for future success in the scientific field.
As well as a competitive rate of pay of £14.82 per hour (Monday to Thursday), £16.04 (Friday and Saturday) and £17.28 (Sunday), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
The shift will work on a 4 on, 4 off basis between 18.00 and 06.00. You will be required to be flexible and the rota will include weekends.
The bonus will be paid in two parts. 10% of your salary will be paid after 9 months and a further 10% after 18 months. For example, if your salary is £28,000, you will be paid a bonus of £2100 after 9 months and once more after 18 months.
As a Senior Warehouse Operative in one of our labs, you will be responsible for sample organisation, taking receipt of samples upon delivery, determining adequacy and appropriateness of samples and processing samples to ensure timely and safe delivery to the laboratory.
You will work in conjunction with the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are handled in a manner such that a quality result is always achieved.
Your main duties will include:
- Taking receipt of samples
- Tracking and recording sample receipt
- Aiding in the management and organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation
- Managing and organise flow of samples that are fed into the next workstation
- Working according to SOPs, H&S requirements and laboratory's accreditation standard
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Warehouse Operator, you'll need the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years' experience working within fast moving warehousing/distribution centres or in similar physically demanding roles within manufacturing, construction and other relevant fields.
- Supervisory and/or management experience (desirable but not essential)
- Working knowledge of process flows within a warehouse
- Familiar with general product, ambient, temperature controlled and dangerous goods handling protocols
- Knowledge of inbound scheduling, goods receiving, location and inventory control, goods putaway and picking and shipping areas of a warehouse
- An understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role
- A familiarity with Lift Trucks (licensed operators preferred) and material handling equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role
- Good standard of general education in GCSE maths or English (or equivalent)
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Able to operate technology used in a similar role (i.e.: scanners, printers, box cutters, lift trucks (licensed operators preferred) and material handling equipment)
- Numerate, literate and able to follow documented Standard Operational Procedures
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines in a physically demanding work environment
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency.