Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Warehouse Operatives based in and around Warwickshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience within an inclusive environment while supporting the UK back to a more normal way of life.
What you can expect:
- Taking receipt of samples
- Tracking and recording sample receipt
- Determining adequacy and appropriateness of samples and processing samples to ensure timely and safe delivery to the laboratory
- Aiding in the management and organisation of sample flow to the relevant workstation
- Managing and organise flow of samples that are fed into the next workstation
- Working according to SOPs, H&S requirements and laboratory's accreditation standard
What we're looking for:
- Good standard of general education in GCSE maths or English (or equivalent)
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Numerate, literate and able to follow documented Standard Operational Procedures
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines in a physically demanding work environment
- Good communication skills
You will receive a minimum 18-month contract with opportunity to go permanent and competitive rate of pay and a 10% retention bonus (paid at 9 and 12 months). Please note, successful candidates will be required to spend a minimum 3 weeks in training working flexible day patterns (including some weekends) before transitioning onto your shift. Additional benefits include Company Sick Pay, Covid Sick Pay and Overtime Pay.
Working hours and shift times
The role will work 06.00 to 18.00 on a 4 on 4 off rotation. If you would like to request any reasonable adjustments around start times, working additional hours, learning about different shifts or future opportunities around securing a permanent position, please speak to the team to learn more about how we can accommodate you.
Please be aware that Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) including a media check is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.