Blue Arrow are excited to be looking for a night time Residential Assistant. The working hours will be from 8pm- 8am with one hour paid...
Blue Arrow are excited to be looking for a night time Residential Assistant. The working hours will be from 8pm- 8am with one hour paid break.
- Work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover to provide assistance and support to offenders to reduce their risk of re-offending
- Assist within in the supervision of residents, maintaining discipline, licence conditions and court orders.
- The post holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- Adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
- Flexibility on work schedule and location maybe required, Unsociable hours in line with business requirements will be required
- Support and create a safe working environment for staff, residents and visitors by adhering to Health and Safety legislation, ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and Risk Assessments are followed reporting incidents to Manager. Undertake Health and Safety, fire alarm, curfews and room curfew checks in line with procedures.
- Undertake regular inspections of the building, including cellars and grounds throughout the period of duty, recording any occurrences/damage or defects, and monitor CCTV equipment and Escalate to the standby Manager any matters of concern to ensure the enforcement and /or compliance with court orders, licences , AP rules
- Monitor behaviour of high risk residents and motivate residents to ensure compliance. Respond appropriately to abusive or aggressive behaviour
- Undertake room searches, pack up residents possessions as directed, Supervise residents' meals
- Follow prescribed medication procedures including the issuing of medication to residents and both weekly and nightly audit of medication sheets and Undertake alcohol and drugs tests as requested by the Manager and Undertake First Aid if a resident is injured or self-harms.
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Deal with visitors and telephone calls, and monitor the work of visiting contractors in accordance with health and safety.
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, in English language, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including those who may present difficult or aggressive behaviour.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Understanding of factors related to offending - e.g. substance use, mental health
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessment/ risk management relating to offenders
Due to the nature of the environment you would need to have a clear criminal background and pass a DBS check.
Please apply online with your CV.