Service is at the heart of the team, where over 250 employees work across five sites. The feed mills operate to the highest standards set...
Bawsey, Kings Lynn
After 12 week temp qualifying period and successful perm placement, Additional Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
Shift Pattern: 4 shift rotating system Mon - Sun (42 hrs) dependant on seasonality. The first 12 weeks in the role will require full weekend working.
My client are offering an exciting opportunity for HGV Drivers to join their transport team at Bawsey Mill. Following a period of growth and investment at the Mill we are recruiting 10 new permanent drivers.
The role of the HGV Driver will ensure a customer focused, effective delivery and collection of company products and raw materials in both an efficient and safe manner complying with all relevant legislation in order to deliver business objectives.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Deliver the company's products as scheduled by the transport planner to customer premises ensuring all customer requirements are met. Discharge products in accordance with the instruction on the delivery ticket or as advised by the customer, ensuring bio-security is adhered to at all times.
- Collect raw materials as scheduled by the transport planner from farm, port or stores.
- Complete daily vehicle and trailer checks for defects prior to taking the vehicle on the road to ensure it is in a roadworthy and legal condition.
- Notify the transport team promptly of any faults disclosed by inspections which are considered to merit immediate attention. All details of defects must be entered into the vehicle defect log.
- Weigh the vehicle in and out on the mill weighbridge to ensure that the vehicle is loaded as per details on the M-Tech computer system to prevent a negative impact on customer requirements.
- Keep the vehicle and trailer clean by steam cleaning and sanitising to ensure all hygiene requirements are met to prevent a negative impact on quality standards.
- Liaise with other operational areas to ensure the efficient flow of information.
- Drive continuous improvement, proactively reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
- Complete all relevant documentation relating to each day's work and return to the transport team to ensure compliance with current road haulage legislation and company policy and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable task related to the delivery and collection of company product as required and as directed by the transport management team.
- Perform all duties with due and constant regard for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, and those with whom your duties involve contact, including customers and other road users.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in this role, the desired candidate should demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Valid HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence.
- Valid CPC and Digital Tachograph Card.
- Standard Grade level 4 or equivalent National Grade in Maths and English preferred.
- A working knowledge of Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive Legislation.
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience as an HGV (C+E) driver.
- Bulk blower experience advantageous.
- Deciding & Initiating Action: Take ownership of work, demonstrating a logical ability to decide on the most appropriate course of action whilst working under minimal supervision.
- Supporting & Co-operating: Works effectively as part of a team and collaboratively with other operational areas to meet increasing productivity and quality targets.
- Interacting & Presenting: Establish good relationships with colleagues and customers, striving for high customer satisfaction and demonstrating a professional and approachable attitude throughout customer interaction.
- Applying Expertise & Technology: Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development and drives continuous improvement by suggesting changes to current methodology in order to improve efficiency and performance.
- Planning & Organising: The ability to prioritise and use own initiative in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced work environment.
- Adapting & Coping: Demonstrate flexibility within the role, adapt approach and priorities in support of business needs.
- Following Instructions & Procedures: Strong attention to detail whilst working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, ensuring compliance with all legal and safety requirements of the role.
If you are interested in applying for the post, please apply with your CV. Please note, due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting the candidates selected for interview.