Job Title: Business Advisor Location: Ettrick House, 37 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB Pay Rate: £9.00ph Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months ...
- Full paid training
- Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
- Overtime and bonus incentives
- Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
- Instant access to online retail discounts
- Annual Bonus
Come work with a friendly team of colleagues in one of the UK's largest financial groups and embrace the opportunity to learn, grow and develop in a way that works for you.
This Business Advisor (Customer Service Advisor) opportunity within the Business Banking Intelligent Finance division provides a stable income, rotational hours, excellent temporary to permanent prospects and performance based pay rewards.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve responding to a range of queries and issues that business banking customers may raise. By clarifying the customers' requirements, processing the request and resolving the enquiry, you will be helping this banking brand to achieve their vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Variety is the key to keeping any role interesting, so it is good to know that your role as a Business Advisor is diverse with an array of queries and support requests coming in keeping your days varied and you busy.
As a natural people person who is great at talking, enjoys helping and generally likes to make a difference to someone's day you will be a great addition to this business banking team, responding to a range of enquiries.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Business Advisor, your natural people skills are much more important in a role like this as is a good understanding of basic spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and a friendly, personable telephone manner.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Business Advisor. You will be well looked after with this fantastic employer who is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support teaching you everything you need to know.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with this employer. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process is conducted via a meet and greet session, but the entire process can take a couple of weeks as you will expect. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank's amazing customers.
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service business banking customer queries
- Take ownership of business customer problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
- Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the banking group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
- Demonstrate consistently the banking groups values and behaviours.
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
- Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of business customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
- Contribute to the completion of the team's workload and where required verify and check the work of other colleagues.
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking brands end to end goals.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Motivated team player.
- Clear credit history & clear criminal record.