LBG1905_PH_BAJob Title: Call HandlerLocation: Port Hamilton 67 Morrison St, Edinburgh EH3 8BWPay Rate: £10.12ph Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months Contract Term: Temporary...
Job Title: Call Handler
Location: Dalkeith Road, 15 Dalkeith Road Edinburgh EH16 5BU
Pay Rate: £10.12ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months
Contract Term: Temporary - Minimum 6 month contract - Permanent prospects are high
Working Times: Shifts variable between Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm & 1 in 5 Saturday's 9am - 1pm
• Full paid training
• Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
• Overtime and bonus incentives
• Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
• Instant access to online retail discounts
• Annual Bonus
If you want to work in a role that supports customers, communities and businesses then a role in Lloyds Banking Group is ideal for you.
This Call Handler (Customer Service Representative) opportunity provides a wealth of job benefits including a competitive pay rate, regular hours, excellent temporary to permanent prospects and performance based pay rewards.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve responding to a range of queries that customers may raise, carrying out complex clerical and technical support for customers and colleagues, as well as providing coaching support to less experienced team members.
Your place of work will be in Lloyds Banking Group, Dalkeith Road in the EH16 area of Edinburgh. The location is supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport and an onsite car park is an added bonus for those who drive. The workplace benefits from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use.
If you are a natural people person who is great at talking, enjoys helping and generally likes to make a difference to someone's day then joining this leading banking team and responding to a range of enquiries as a Call Handler may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your natural people skills along with confidence in your own judgement is more important in this role than formal qualifications, so if you already have good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and an excellent telephone manner then you're a great fit for this position.
A strong background in customer service, telephone support or call handling is advantageous but if you're used to dealing with customers whether it is face-to-face or over the phone in any capacity then you have the potential to become an exceptional Call Handler. You will be well looked after by Lloyds Banking Group, they are a fantastic employer who are committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support teaching you everything you need to know.
Variety is the key to keeping any role interesting, so it is good to know that your role as a Call Handler is diverse with an array of queries and support requests coming in keeping your days varied and you busy.
Finding the right balance between your work and your lifestyle is really important but we know it is not always easy, that is why we want to draw special attention to the shift patterns available for this role. The shift pattern covers Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm with 1 in 5 Saturday morning shifts working 9am - 1pm.
If you are interested in this role but are concerned about your availability reach out and talk to us.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with Lloyds Banking Group. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process will be conducted through a welcome workshop. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank's amazing customers.
• Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service banking customer and colleague queries.
• Take ownership of problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required.
• Build long lasting professional relationships with peers to clarify facts, exchange information and assist each other in resolving enquiries.
• Handle customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of Lloyds Banking Group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add.
• Demonstrate consistently Lloyds Banking Group's values and behaviours.
• Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development.
• Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met.
• Personally, contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and where customers feel valued.
• Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures.
• Contribute to the completion of the team's workload and where required verify and check the work of other colleagues.
• Excellent communication - oral and written.
• Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
• Continuous improvement mind set.
• Take ownership of customer requests.
• Maintain operational accuracy.
• Ability to make good decisions for customers using sound judgement - understanding customer, colleague and business impact.
• A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of Lloyds Banking Group's end to end goals.
• Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
• Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
• Positive and approachable manner.
• Motivated team player.
• Previous customer service, call handling or telephone support experience.
• Clear credit history & clear criminal record.
As a Call Handler for Lloyds Banking Group you will benefit from the support that helps you take ownership of your own personal development and training.
There are a number of available positions so this role will be advertised constantly for the next few months providing plenty of opportunities for the right people to land an excellent job with an excellent company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.