Job title: Cleaner Location: Newmarket Contract type: Permanent Hourly rate/Salary: £7.80phThe role:Blue Arrow are currently looking for an experienced Cleaner on behalf of our client to...
Job title: Cleaner
Contract type: Permanent
Hourly rate/Salary: £7.80ph
Blue Arrow are currently looking for an experienced Cleaner on behalf of our client to join a small team based in Newmarket, Suffolk.
As a Shopping Centre based Cleaner you will be required deliver a high level of customer service at all times. You will be liaising with members of the public, shop tenants, site contractors and the management team on a daily basis.
- Immediate start
- Permanent contract
- 41 hours per week
Key responsibilities include:
- Presentable in appearance and positive in approach to duties
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise
- Provide an immediate response to any major/minor incident occurring
- Follow any such reasonable instruction as issued by Senior Line Management
- To deal with customer queries in a professional and polite manner
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, buffing and vacuum cleaning of designated areas to the required standard
- To collect all waste and recyclables and transport to the disposal area
- To clean toilet, shower rooms, baby change, and rest room facilities to the required standard and to ensure that consumables are replenished as required
- To monitor all floor surfaces removing litter and chewing gum and to ensure spillages are cleaned up immediately before they become a hazard
- Spray cleaning, scrubbing and polishing of floor
- To use powered equipment where necessary (pedestrian scrubbing machines, wet vac machines, sweeping machines, pressure washers, vacuum cleaners)
- Cleaning of working surfaces and other furniture as directed
- To remove waste and operate waste equipment when trained to do so
- Clearing up after flooding and/or any other emergency cleaning
- To assist with ad hoc gritting when required, and display slippery floor signage to ensure that all surfaces are safe
- To report defects noticed in the course of your duties
- To comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to equipment, cleaning chemicals, safety notices and signage
Click apply today. We promise to reply to every application within 7 days.