Blue Arrow Derby is proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider who change and support people's lives daily. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Absence Manager to join their team on a fixed term basis (10 months).
About the Role
The purpose of the role is to lead on reducing employee absenteeism and to develop a positive culture around attendance management. The post holder will work alongside the management & HR team to effectively use and implement processes in a consistent way, together with identifying areas of improvement to support the business in monitoring and reducing absence levels.
Salary: £25,654 - £31,533
Hours: Full-time - including days, evenings, and weekends
Duties will include:
- To coordinate all absence management through established policies, rules, and regulations
- To support management to reduce absence, maintaining acceptable levels in clinical and non-clinical teams including management
- To support the welfare of staff by identifying trends and providing recommendations
- To support and guide individuals in managing team members effectively ensuring staff are on track and processes are being adhered to
- To support line managers in conducting meetings were identified
- To undertake formal absence investigatory meetings as identified, as and when required
- To undertake staff welfare meetings in line with the policy to support staff whilst absent from work, as and when required
- To act as a note taker in meetings where identified, as and when required
- To monitor and report on any staff members absence giving cause for concern, liaising with the performance managers to support
- To provide proactive and professional management and support during staff absence
- To aid staff in order to ensure effective use of staff benefits
- To work alongside Human Resources in supporting reducing absences taking advice and seeking guidance as required to ensure risks are minimised
- To support the operational team in matters relating to absence management and look to identify efficiencies in the process
- To coach management on process, procedures, and effective absence management
- To review and identify areas of improvement in policies and procedures with the ability to implement change
- To be proficient in interpreting and applying absence data to gain a reliable picture of individual and organisational staff absence levels and take timely action to address any concerns identified
- To identify improvement in processes to support the implementation of the absence system
- Degree level education or similar level of job-related experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment and with various workforce management tools
- Previous experience of absence management processes with proven effective outcomes
- Experience of writing investigation reports and implementing new processes
- Experience of managing teams
- The ability to build effective working relationships
- The ability to deal with emotional, sensitive, or challenging situations calmly and with sensitivity and tact
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to collect, analyze and collate data to produce reports to inform decisions
- The ability to work according to the needs of a 24/7 service, including evenings and weekends
- Previous experience in working with absence management tools/systems
- Ability to implement new systems and support the development of new processes
Why should you apply?
- On-site parking available (subject to availability)
- On-site canteen and other facilities available
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
- Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
The Derby site is in Pride Park, so near Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and a 5-minute walk from Derby train station.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button.