Trainee Internal Technical Sales
Blue Arrow is recruiting for a Trainee internal technical sales role that would ideally suit a college graduate who is not looking to follow the university route and is looking for an opportunity to start a technical career path with a global leading provider of top-quality transmission belts, sophisticated conveyor, and processing belts as well as plastic modular, timing and flat belts made of synthetic materials.
Reporting to the head of Business Development & Projects, the role is primarily to maximise customer satisfaction sales.
The role will involve selling a portfolio of products to new and existing customers, building, and maintaining professional business relationships, and developing and implementing tactical sales initiatives to develop new business. Key tasks and responsibilities are
* Receiving enquiries and orders, technically evaluating the customer requirements, accurately costing the scope of supply and involvement required by the company and produce high quality proposals and solutions that meet the customers' requirement whilst adhering to the company's commercial policies.
* Regularly liaise with colleagues and management within sales, fabrication, operations and finance where necessary to co-ordinate the correct technical and commercial response to the customer.
* Developing and maintaining a sound knowledge of the products and service
* Liaise, confidently, and promptly with all customers, developing a good working relationship ensuring that the customers receive the highest level of customer service from all areas of the organisation.
* Process sales orders, quotations and credit note requests received by phone and email, responding quickly and efficiently and up-selling wherever possible.
* Enter quotations and orders on the system, ensuring quantities, prices and discounts are accurate, issuing order and quote confirmations to customers.
* Complete outbound telephone activity as defined by the company
* Maintain an accurate database of customer information and complete own filing where necessary.
* Provide cover for other colleagues and department as required, plus any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time for smooth running of the business.
The person we are looking for will be:
* Technically aware or a keen interest to learn.
* A relationship builder
* Detail orientated
* Interested in feedback & self-development
This is a permanent role and offers the following:
* Full training.
* Opportunity to develop a long term career with a global organisation.
* Annual salary between £18,00 - £21,000 depending on experience/qualifications with a view to increase after a probationary period to £26,000 OTE
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
* Contribution company pension scheme
For further information please call Vicky on 0161 2287542 or apply on-line and a Blue Arrow representative will be in touch.