Debt Recovery Officers - Full Time - Hybrid - 28k - 32k - Sidcup, Kent
35 Hours per Week between 8am - 8pm (May be required to work occasional Saturday mornings between 9am-1pm )
Contracts: Permanent vacancies
x1 FTC until 07/03/23
x1 FTC until 03/01/23
1x FTC until 04/08/23
Sidcup, Kent (20-40% in office and 3-4 days working from home)
Start date: 10th October 2022
Closing date for completed applications: 19th August 2022
Interviews will be held on the 26th - 31st August via MS Teams
* PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY *
Are you an enthusiastic, hard working person with an excellent work ethic who works hard to achieve results and give the highest level of customer satisfaction?
We have a vibrant and busy Income Management Department responsible for minimising arrears and maximising income collection. In this role you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of properties, proactively recovering arrears owed by telephone, but also via all other forms of communication available. You will be responsible for taking relevant legal action to minimise the debt owed and adhere to our legal processes. Although having pre-existing background knowledge is preferred, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn expert knowledge of structured legal processes and Housing Law.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates that have experience of working within an income collection role, preferably within the housing sector, however if you have the right transferable skills to bring to this role - this may be the job for you!
The skills that are required of a Debt Recovery Officer include the following:
- Time management and Organisation skills, it is key that you can manage your workload and maintain productivity levels and meet deadlines. This is an exciting fast paced role, this means that your responsibilities will vary depending on different stages of recovery.
- Strong Decision-making ability. This role will require you to be empowered to make confident decisions within your portfolio of properties. This could include potential legal action if required progression to Eviction stage.
- Ability to take ownership. A successful Debt Recovery Officer will take responsibility of their workload & learning. Knowing when to work independently and when to work well within a team.
- Good stakeholder management. Within this role, you will be required to liaise with different stakeholders effectively to reach the desired outcome. This could include Local Courts/Authorities, Bailiffs, Solicitors, Support/Social workers and Colleagues.
- Communication/Customer service skills. This role will require excellent communication skills, this includes verbal and written. You will need to be able to build strong relationships with your Residents and colleagues. A plus If you have experience with customer service roles,
If you display the above skills and qualities then apply now or call Sharen Cheema 0208 297 8187