HEAD CHEF - EDUCATION SITE - FARNBOROUGH
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 7:30-3:30
44 WEEKS A YEAR
We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Head Chef to join a world leading contract catering company at one of their education site in Farnborough. You will be overall responsible for the running of this multioutlet site including 3 different catering outlets and will be reporting into the GM onsite.
You will have previous experience of working within a fast-paced kitchen at either Head Chef or Chef Manager level, you will manage a team of around 15 in the kitchen catering for around the 800 mark
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Train and run kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all activities;
* Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
* Select and develop recipes as well as standardise production recipes to ensure quality
* Ensure accurate equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
* Regularly review performance with each member of the team
* Ensure that training records are maintained
* Check that all supplies are a specified quality and not breaching purchasing policy as outlined by Purchasing
* Supervise portion numbers, control food wastage on site and take appropriate action as the need arises
* Compile and implement staff work and duties rotations
* Record staff time-keeping and complete monthly timesheets
* Attend to all queries / problems from staff on time sheets, sickness forms, accident report forms etc. in a timely fashion
* Maintain a high standard of hygiene and safety in respect of premises, staff and food handling by ensuring that all staff members attend the company hygiene and safety training
* Work / life balance role
* No evening work or weekend work
* Monday to Friday
* £30k salary
* Endless progression and development
* Experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading, and written communication skills.
* A passion for service and quality
* Good people leadership skills
* Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.