HEAD CHEF - PRESTIGE BOARDING SCHOOL - GODALMING
£18 PER HOUR X 40 HOURS A WEEK = £30,090
43 WEEKS A YEAR
We are looking for a talented Head Chef to join a leading contract catering company specialising in the catering at independent schools, you will be working at one of their prestige boarding schools based in Godalming, working 40 hours a week, 43 weeks a year 5/7 days.
You will support the Exec Head Chef in the overall running of the Catering Department from the day to day catering alongside Hospitality throughout the year as well as pop up days and special event menus.
You will have previous experience of working within a fast-paced kitchen at either Head Chef or Chef Manager level.
You will be excited to work with fresh seasonal ingredients & regularly changing bespoke menus which YOU create! You will be creative and have the opportunity to showcase your skillset every day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To work well and manage a team providing catering services to pupils, parents and teachers
* To produce food for service using fresh ingredients, cooking from scratch and following the companies brand standards
* Creating bespoke seasonal menus from regional and local suppliers
* Completing food costings as required
* Completing company bookwork
* Ensuring company food standards are adhered to and wastage controlled.
* Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and allergen control procedures are followed.
* £31,000 per annum
* Working 5 days out of 7 days
* Working 40 hours per week Working 43 weeks of the year (term time only)
* Free onsite parking
* Free meals on duty
* Uniform provided
* Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Unrivaled individual training and development
* Team & company social events
* Employee assistance programme
* Workplace pension
* Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
* A genuine interest in food & excellent customer service skills
* Excellent client relationship skills
* An all-round team player and leader
* Innovation and passion for great food
* Organised with attention to detail
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.