Blue Arrow Derby is proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit several NHS 111...
Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number of Service Advisors to join their expanding team based at their Oldbury site.
Please note this role will be based on site, and is not a remote position.
Training will be full-time (even if applying for the part-time role) for 6 weeks at either the Oldbury site, and will be over weekdays and weekends.
There are 2 different rota's available working between the below hours Mon-Sun. Rota's are advised 4 weeks in advance.
* 4 on 4 off (Days) 36.75 Full time hours - between the hours of 8:00am - 8:00pm (weekdays and weekends)
* 4 on 4 off (Days) 26.25 Part time hours - between the hours of 8:00am - 8:00pm (weekdays and weekends)
Salary & Pay Rates - up to £22,035 (shift dependant)
Training - £9.50
Days - £10.19
Evenings / Nights - £11.49
Weekends - £12.69
We encourage all applicants to initially apply online first, so we can process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Please also note a further application form will be required to be completed after applying.
About the Role
As a Service Advisor for the NHS 111 Service, you will be working as a key member of the team in a busy fast-paced environment. You will be providing call handling for patients requiring urgent medical assistance ensuring the appropriate response is given based on the patient's symptoms/needs.
Duties will include:
Taking and dealing with a high number of telephone calls from members of the public
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Dealing with a range of patient's medical queries including urgent medical assistance
* Logging calls and updating information in the system in a timely and efficient manner using the in-house NHS Pathways software
* A good general standard of education (GCSE Grade C or above, including English) or equivalent relevant work-based experience
* Ideally at least 6-12 months previous customer service experience or experience working within care/healthcare public sectors
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Good keyboard/computer skills
* To work quickly and accurately under pressure
* Be willing to learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance
* Willing to progress from an NHS 111 Service advisor to NHS 111 Health advisor
* Work quickly and accurately under pressure
* Learn new skills and demonstrate a caring, professional attitude always
* Be motivated, passionate, positive, resilient, and determined to provide the best care
* Excellent attention to detail
Why should you apply?
Do you want to work in a challenging yet rewarding role that would be making a huge different to people's lives daily? If so, this is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, where many opportunities including career progression and benefits are available. You can also progress up to a 111 Health Advisor after successful 6 months within this role.
* On-site parking available (subject to availability)
* On-site canteen and other facilities available
* Competitive Salary
* Generous holiday entitlement
* NHS Pension Scheme
* Westfield Health Scheme
* Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
* Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
* Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Assessment & Interview Process
The interview process will include of a successful agency registration, and a two stage interview - literacy and listening assessment, and a final interview 1-1 competency interview including scenario/role play based questions. Assessments/Interviews run weekly every day 10:00am and are around 1 hour long - these will be based either remotely (you must have access to a computer or laptop for this) or on site (depending on your preference).
If you have been successful compliance checks (including 2 years referencing), an Enhanced DBS checks (Child and Adult Workforce) and Medical Assessments will then be conducted. Please note this stage can take up to 6 weeks to be completed and you are not able to start until they have been. Once the above has been successful, you must be available for 6 weeks full-time to complete the required training (based at site).
If you are unable to commit to any of the above application stage, unfortunately your application will be unsuccessful.
The site is located in Oldbury, 20 minutes drive from Birmingham city centre.
The closest train stations to the site are Sandwell And Dudley railway station and the Langley Green station, from these stations there would be a slight walk involved to get to the site.
The are also several bus stops on the way to the site, we advise you check the route from your location to ensure the commute is doable.
The Next Stage:
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button.