Do you have a proven track record in managing and winning complex bids?
Do you want the opportunity to work nationally, managing high value bids, proposals and presentations across multiple sectors.
The role of the BID Manager would be to support and produce creative, strategic, solution based bid proposals specifically for the independent school sector.
- Manage day-to-day bid activity, ensuring a compliant, compelling bid which communicates the agreed win strategies and win themes.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate bid responses.
- Focuse on driving the bid process to develop and implement ideas which shape winning client solutions.
- Lead and manage in all aspects of bid creation, management and submission.
- Manage the creation of proposals and presentations. This includes; bid writing standard and some technical content, project management of the entire bid lifecycle, supporting the development of win strategies, and persuasive delivery structures, creating the bid brand guidelines and managing external suppliers and consultants. The Proposal Manager will research, author, edit and challenge content.
- There will be an element of writing client/prospect specific parts of the bid, but the candidate will receive appropriate guidance to enable them to do this successfully.
- Track and manage progress of the bid through the Compliance Matrix. Regularly communicate progress updates to the entire bid team.
- Support Sales and Retention Lead in identifying win strategies, solution design, and management of tender clarification logs and preparation of the Bid Overview template prior to the kick-off workshop.
- Support kick off workshops for entire bid team ensuring win themes are captured, competitor and SWOT analysis. The Proposal Manager will ensure the winning strategy and win themes are articulated effectively throughout the bid response.
- Support other bid writer and bid authors in creating responses.
- Support the design process using Adobe Creative Suite to create high impact bids, proposals and presentations.
- Brief Design Managers collaborating with conceptual development, artworking and printing.
- Conduct post-pitch debriefs with Bid Leaders to collate any new content submitted within the bid and feedback to Content Development team.
Who are we looking for?
A flexible approach is required to accommodate the peaks and troughs of the bid lifecycle and the candidate will be expected to contribute outside of the peak period in creating new content to support the sales and retention team.
* Proven track record in managing and winning complex bids.
* Proven track record of persuasive bid writing to create compelling sales documents.
* Able to demonstrate the necessary skills to guide a diverse virtual team successfully through the bid process.
* Able to build relationships with both internal departments, comfortable working with Directors.
* 2+ years demonstrable experience of using a bid management methodology (eg Shipley, BidPerfect).
* Well organized, ability to multitask and manage a number of tenders at the same time
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Excellent people management skills with strong tact and diplomacy
* Advanced user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
* Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be useful.
* Experience of e-tendering portals
Salary and Location
There will be travel throughout England, therefore flexibility is required. We have not stipulated a geographical area at this moment in time as we are looking for the right individual to join the team.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Laura at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949, email or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow currently has an extensive range of temporary and permanent roles. See our website or get in touch for more details.