10:00-14:00 5 days a week
About the role
We are looking for a catering assistant with an enhanced adult DBS dated within the last month to work across two sites in Stoke. One site requires you to work every Thursday 1000-1400 and the other 4 shifts are made up of 1000-1400 on other days. Happy to be flexible on shift pattern but the sites are a 10 minute drive from each other so ideally someone who has access to their own transport.
No experience is required for the role as all training is given.
Any catering roles you will be required to complete a food hygiene & allergens certificate to be able to work in these roles. (we can put you through this training free of charge) The course takes around 10-15 minutes to complete and can be done in the comfort of your own home. This role does also require you to either have an enhanced adult OR enhanced child & adult DBS dated within the last 12 months, or be willing to obtain one.
Requirements & Skills
* Happy to clean any areas needed.
* Food hygiene level 1 (dated within the last twelve months)
* Has excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Is able to use their own initiative and as work as part of a team
* Able to communicate/report any issues to the relevant people effectively
* Is hard-working, and reliable.
* Has experience in a similar role or similar environment
* You will need to have a DBS (child & adult) (Essential) This needs to be in date of the last 12 months or part of the update service. We can help you obtain this. (We will need to see your dbs certificate before work commences)
* Ability to adapt quickly to change of workload
* General food preparation and serving food and drinks
* Operating tills
* Clearing tables
* Washing utensils and dishes
* Storing and sorting ingredients properly.
* Ensuring food prep areas are clean in line with health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
* Serving hot drinks and food
As these positions are in both the ST3 and ST4 area, there are fantastic transport links from Stoke-on-Trent city Centre to reach the care homes but would ideally be for someone who drives.
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the requirements, we please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.