Position: Jnr Sous Chef
Salary: Up to £30,000 P/A+ Service Charge (£3,000-£7,000 P/A)
Establishment: Luxury Hotel
Location: Nr Chippenham
We have a superb opportunity for a Sous Chef to join the team at this luxury 5* hotel.
They are actively seeking a new Sous Chef to help prepare and cook delicious food Michelin Starred Kitchen. You will be working closely with the Head Chef and under the guidance of the Exec Head Chef who has held his Michelin Star for 7 years now! You will be responsible for assisting in the management of the food and kitchen operations.
This is a challenging but rewarding role- you will be expected to help manage the team in producing top quality cuisine & assist in the training of talented chefs. You will take charge in the absence of the Head Chef & undertake any specific function of Kitchen management.
So come and be part of something really special and help the hotel create unique menus, develop the team and help drive the restaurant to exciting ventures.
Duties as the Sous Chef include:
- Ensure smooth running of the kitchen operation at all times.
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
- Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times.
- To run the kitchen in the absence of the Head chef.
- Ordering of stock as necessary in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- Help to ensure all financial aspects of the kitchen management are adhered to in particular carry out all costings within the budget levels, management of food flash, processing of invoices and upkeep of revenue figures.
- Maintain the highest levels of food hygiene and health and safety at all times.
- Assist in recruitment and retention, training and development of the staff, working with Head chef and HR department.
- Carry out any reasonable request by the Exec /Head chef or general manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Rossette background is a must
- A true passion for food!
- Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Commitment and mobility
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
What's in it for you...
- Salary: Up to £38000 P/A + Service Charge:
- Established team
- Room to develop and bring your ideas
- Discount room rates across the hotel group
- Discount on Food & Beverage
- Discount Highstreets shopping scheme
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650