All rates depending on skills, experience, and qualificationsHours: 37.5 Hours per weekDuties:* Monitor call queue, ensuring customer service levels are maintained, highlighting any potential issues...
Job Title: IT Desktop Support Engineer
Temporary: Expected to last until 3 months with possible extension.
All rates depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
* Monitor call queue, ensuring customer service levels are maintained, highlighting any potential issues or exposures to the Desktop Services Manager.
* Identify repeat calls and escalate so solutions can be implemented to reduce or eliminate those repeat calls.
* Ensure inventory of all hardware and software is maintained and documented to agreed standards.
* Undertake build, configuration and delivery of client hardware to end users with complete hand over support and documentation. This including automation of desktop deployment processes.
* Ensure the configuration management data base (CMDB) is regularly updated with all hardware and software configuration items to support accurate customer billing.
* Plan and manage routine repairs and upgrades and respond to any unexpected system faults/failures, ensuring all major issues are escalated to Desktop Services Manager.
* Highlight any inappropriate use of Trust equipment to the Trust management teams.
* Ensure solutions developed and implemented provide continuous availability of services across all sites through proactive investigation and operational support. Assist in business continuity planning.
* Delivery of a high-quality service which meets the standards demanded of the locality customer base.
* Recommend newly identified technologies for improving existing, or developing services and support offered by ICT Department.
* Follow ITIL best practice for the delivery of services.
* Identify and highlight service improvement opportunities.
* Help develop processes to ensure an 80% first time fix rate, and that 90% of calls are solved in 24 'real-time' hours of first being logged and contribute to implementing plans to move from current levels to those targets.
* Deputise for the ICT Field Support Manager where required to do so.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* Good working knowledge of modern Information Technology including desktop operating systems, software packages, mobile devices (Smartphones, tablets, etc)
* General knowledge of MS Office and project specific software
* Must have 3 years I.T. Health Care Experience within an I.T. Support Team
* Demonstrable desktop support skills
* Excellent written skills for the production of effective operational documentation
* Sound negotiation skills to effect positive and productive outcomes
* Ability to analyse a range of complex Desktop Services issues to effect resolution
* Sound interpersonal communications skills with the ability to use initiative
* IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
* Exposure to the installing, modifying or creating of computer/printer software/hardware which includes Microsoft Windows 7 and AD deployments
* Experience of working within or alongside an NHS organisation
* Experience of close working with healthcare professionals
* Demonstrable experience of build, configuration and support of client devices and use of remote tools (e.g. Active Directory, Asset Management, WSUS, Anti-Virus, Encryption.)
* Knowledge of elements of IT network Infrastructure