Role Purpose: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to join the team on a permanent OR temporary to permanent basis, ...
Blue Arrow Derby is proud to be working in partnership with an excellent food artisan bakery that provides the nation with handmade doughnuts. They are looking to recruit an experience HR Manager / Head of People to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
About The Role
The successful candidate will play a key role in the ongoing development and improvement of the employee experience.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Duties will include:
- To contribute to the development and updating of policies, procedures, and practices; helping to ensure that they comply with statutory employment law and contribute to the development of effective staff management practices
- To provide advice and assistance to department managers in the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and employment terms and conditions
- To undertake investigations and lead/support on organisational change as required
- To oversee the development and delivery of training on a range of HR policies and procedures as the business continues to expand
- To oversee the recruitment and onboarding functions of the business
- To maintain data compliance (GDPR, right to work, food hygiene certification) and to manage/advise senior management on current sickness and turnover reports
- To monitor and action any contractual changes e.g., new starters, leavers, audit reports and oversee that the appropriate action is taken. Working closely with payroll and recruitment
- To provide support through taking minutes during investigations and at meetings as required
- To promote and support staff engagement activities and initiatives. Such as staff events, monthly newsletter, employee of the month etc.
- Previous experience as a HR Manager or similar
- Previous experience within the food production/bakery industry is an advantage
- Have a proven track record of working as an HR Manager in a growing SME business
- Be trained to CIPD level 5 (or equivalent) is essential
- Ideally 5 years experience working within HR
- Have a working knowledge of Breathe HR software (essential)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good skills with the MS office package - PowerPoint, Word, Outlook & Excel
- Confident, friendly, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to work well independently and as part of team
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines
Why should you apply?
The successful candidate will be working in a growing company, who have grown strength to strength at a rapid pace.
- Training, learning and development opportunities
- Working from home opportunities/hybrid
- Discounted or free food
Our client is based in Spondon, Derby so if you live in Derby or the surrounding areas and are flexible with travel/ have access to your own car, great! If you are limited to public transport, there are bus and train stations (Spondon) a short walk from site.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.