Blue Arrow are recruiting for a Deputy Registrar for a leading public sector client based in Belfast City Centre
Job Title: Deputy Registrar
Locations: Belfast City Centre
Salary: £13.18 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Responsible to the Registrar through the Senior Deputy Registrar for undertaking the duties necessary for the provision and administration of a confidential and efficient Registration Service for Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnerships.
Summary of Responsibilities
* To register all births and still births in accordance with relevant legislation or using statutory declarations including e.g. Birth and Death Registration (NI) Order 1976, Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008, Family Law Order 2002.
* To register all deaths in accordance with relevant legislation including Birth and Death Registration (NI) Order 1976.
* To liaise with medical practitioners, nursing home and hospital staff to ensure correct interpretation of death and clarify questionable non-medical details on "Cause of Death" certificates where necessary.
* In accordance with the Marriage Order (2003) and Civil Partnership Act (2004), interview and advise clients regarding the preliminaries for all civil, religious marriages and civil partnerships. Validate relevant documents prior to issuing schedule of intention and authority to proceed. Liaise with the Home Office and UKBA, make report where necessary and attend any legal proceeding when necessary.
* To validate all relevant documentation and issue certificate of legal capacity to marry in a foreign country.
* Administration of all procedures for religious marriages including cancellation of any ceremony and refund necessary.
* To undertake general word processing and clerical duties as necessary.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, relevant experience in at least two of the following areas:
· carrying out formal registration duties involving members of the public.
· dealing with members of the public with tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity; and, or
· cash handling, reconciliation, and lodgements.
Please ensure a prompt application for consideration along with an updated CV.