Catering Assistant - Independent School - Near Thatcham - Term Time Only - £10.10 P/Hour
Catering Assistant required to work within a delightful independent school just outside Newbury. The school caters for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner across students & staff with occasional hospitality.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the dining room, servery and salad counters are set up and maintained to the highest standards of food service and hygiene. During service time you will be serving all students and staff in a friendly and efficient manner.
You will support the kitchen team with light prep work, washing up and general cleaning duties as required.
* To work in all areas of the operation to include front of house, plate wash and pot wash on a rota basis
* To ensure that the salad counters and servery area are clean and ready for each service with the correct utensils and condiments available
* To ensure that the crockery, cutlery, glasses are clean and presented correctly
* To provide an efficient, caring and friendly service to all customers and inform your team leader or duty manager of any issues or complaints that you may encounter
* To be able to liaise with the Kitchen Brigade to ensure a constant replenishment of the food on offer
* To support with kitchen prep and cleaning as required
* To take in and put away deliveries
What's in it for you...?
* Term time only working
* Hours of 09.00-16.00 (you will be required to work one evening shift per week until 19.00)
* You will work 5/7 (this role includes working 17 Saturdays per year - the rest of the time is Monday-Friday)
* Meals on duty
* Uniform is provided
* Straight shifts - latest finish 19.00 unless there is a school event
* Hourly rate of £10.10 per hour
Due to the location of the site being a driver is essential
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply. For more information on the role please call Sam at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 or email
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.