Position: Pastry Senior Sous Chef
Establishment: Contract Catering
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £40,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week,
Hours: 5/7 days
Are you a Pastry Chef with Event or Production Kitchen experience that can produce high volumes of prep ready for event days to the highest of quality? If so, this is a unique role to join a highly reputable Events & contract catering company that operate on location in Bicester
My client is looking for a passionate and dedicated Pastry Senior Sous Chef to become part of the Events Kitchen team at our state-of-the-art headquarters near Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Responsible for producing up to 5,000 desserts per week for the business and premium client, delivering exceptional quality desserts on high volume. They are looking for someone who is an inspirational, strong leader and someone who can support with new ideas for the seasonal menus.
- Working with the Head Chef and leading the pastry team, following recipe specs To clearly label and rotate stock including allergen information
- To ensure that the food is of the highest possible standard
- Working in an organised manner, and cleaning as you go. All areas should be clean and hygienic at all times
- To ensure that all food is prepared, produced and packed on time.
- Learn to use and look after kitchen equipment such as the ice cream pasteuriser and machine.
- To help with stock management, cleaning fridges, rotating stock and stock counting.
- To always be dressed in the correct PPE for the working environment.
- To have a flexible attitude towards work. We would like someone who has a real interest in food and learning.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to contribute ideas to menus.
- Expectations ·Our mission statement is 'to be the best at what we do.' Ultimately this is what we expect of all of our employees.
- To lead the team in a professional, proactive and motivational manner.
- To love what we do and enthusiastically contribute new and refreshing ideas to keep us at the forefront of creativity.
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with all key stakeholders.
You must be
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- Experience working in Pastry in a restaurant or pastry qualification
- Experience working as a Pastry Sous chef in a fresh food background for at least year
What's in it for you...
- Salary: up to £40,000 P/A
- Early Shifts
- Established team
- Room to develop in the contract catering company
- Working in a modern kitchen / Environment
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or contact via email by