An event caterer and street food company based in Leighton Buzzard are seeing a Chef to join their small, passionate team
This is a full-time position, typically Wednesday to Sunday, averaging 36-40 hours a week over the course of the year. Though due to the fluctuating nature of the events industry, these days are not set in stone and some weeks will require more hours and some weeks will offer much more free time. We are looking for someone who is flexible with their time, and happy to work in bouts of intensive activity with quiet periods in between.
- 25k Per annum
- 40 Hours a week
* Key member of the kitchen team on event days, preparing and cooking dishes to serve, may be customer facing depending on the nature of the event.
* Working with the head chef in the days leading up to an event to prep and pack everything needed to deliver on the day.
* Loading and unloading vans (food and equipment) and driving them to and from events where required.
* Ordering and purchasing as required
* Stock control
* Working with the head chef on menu development
* Maintaining high and consistent food standards
* Potential opportunities to take on some events solo or as team lead
* Working as part of a small team
* NVQ Catering Level 1, 2 & 3
* Driving License with category BE entitlement
* 5 years minimum catering experience
* Excellent time management
* Excellent communication skills and personability
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Manual handling experience and ability Desirable:
* Event catering experience
* Basic electrical knowledge for event setup
* Service/customer facing experience
* Interest in growing within the company and taking on additional responsibility as role develops
Please apply online or contact David Lomax @ the London Perm Hub