Fancy a key advisor role within the NHS?
Are you looking for a new role Supporting Mental Health and wellbeing?
Is your current role allowing you to showcase your empathy skills
Are you near or live in St Helens area
Being a Pathways Advisor, your role ultimately will involve being a triage for any referrals received from clinicians, doctors, and people who are looking for a gateway to support them - this could be for meaningful vocational and social inclusion, support with budgeting, or to sign post anyone needing support for any personal mental health concerns. You will work closely with people, talk through any referrals or self-help expectations and offer guidance and support and provide what next steps to recovery or advise.
Daily you will be interacting with people, counsel them by navigating them to channels of support providing a gateway for immediate help and support.
You will be a great listener, non-judgemental, and have a passion to support people who are reaching out for help.
Ideally you will have worked in a Volunteering capacity, or part of health and social care, and advisory role, NHS worker or someone that has a keen interest in Mental health and a genuine willingness to want to reach out and make a difference to someone's life and well-being.
The role is fixed term for 12 months to begin with. We are looking for a June start date
You will be based at one of our offices from 9am - 5.30pm based in Halton. The day will look like this:
* Interacting daily with people being referred to you to for support or speaking with people who reach out themselves
* Talk through with each person their worries, issues or concerns
* Create a plan for support or help
* Advise on how to get help and offer numbers and organisations that can support
* Create a plan with the person
* Keep in touch with your allocated referral and check progress
* Coach and counsel them to the help that is available
Your Principal Responsibilities include
* To understand the needs and vocational and life aspirations of service users, carers and local communities
* To identify the initial needs of service users
* To sensitively gather information in order to develop a shared understanding of the needs of each individual referral.
* To research local community based assets in order to identify suitable vocational and social inclusion opportunities. To develop and maintain an assets based directory of community opportunities accessible to users of the Life Rooms.
* Responsible for the collection and recording of appropriate data for the purpose of Life Rooms evaluation and development.
* To actively monitor the progress of individuals through their vocational and social inclusion pathways on a monthly basis.
* To work with clinicians, stakeholders and professional teams to encourage appropriate referrals to the Life Rooms and to keep referrers appraised of progress.
* To ensure timely communications are made with service users, external partners and referrers.
* To work with internal and external partner organisations to seek appropriate pathways and to obtain monthly progress reports for the Social Work and Research Lead.
* To communicate and liaise with carers families and professionals when appropriate and with due consent.
* To undertake training and/or continuous professional development as required to fulfil the duties of the post, achieve agreed service outcomes and personal appraisal targets.
* Responsible for the design and delivery of employability skills training programmes through the Recovery College.
* Responsible for undertaking and reporting of any safeguarding issues ensuring concerns are acted upon appropriately in a timely manner.
The role will be varied daily, you will undergo full training them be given the autonomy to deliver the role and start helping to make a difference to the life of another. This is a rewarding and fulfilling role that requires a passionate person who can relate well to people of all backgrounds and have a keen desire to help
Location - St Helens Area
Hours 9am - 5.30pm 37.5 Hrs Monday - Friday
Contract - 12 months fixed term
Salary 22K PA
Start Date - June 2022
Please upload your Cv - one of our Blue Arrow team will call you to discuss role in more details and go through interview and selection process
Fancy a key advisor role within the NHS?