Blue Arrow Derby is proud to be working in partnership with UK's leading manufacturers of boilers, heat pumps & heating systems and they are looking to recruit a Training Manager (Mobile) for their training centres based in the North (Liverpool up to Glasgow) joining their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Company Car provided + expenses claim for fuel and overnight stays. On-road travelling and travel to sites in mainland Europe will be required. A full UK driving licence and passport are essential.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Training Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of all training courses to internal and external customers across the full portfolio of the clients' products with particular focus on heat pumps, accessories, controls, and systems. High-quality, technically accurate training will be delivered in line with Brand guidelines and latest industry best practice. In addition, internal training programmes and other non-service-related training will be delivered.
As a key team member, you will ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of customer training utilising the latest methods and materials at both the Company's state of the art Centre's of Excellence in UK, in partner facilities in UK / Ireland, online training sessions and utilising other available mobile facilities as defined by the Company. You will ensure that both off site/partner and all mobile facilities are maintained in premium condition and that all products are kept both up to date and in good working order. Health & Safety and other prescribed checks will be carried out as defined by the Company.
The role requires a flexible, mobile approach to training which will be given across the UK / Ireland in CoE's, partner premises, customer properties and using mobile facilities. The role will primarily focus on heat pump, control and system training but will also necessitate training across the full portfolio of the client's products.
Hours: Mon - Fri (8:30am -5:00pm) 39.5 hours per week
Duties will include:
- Deliver externally accredited training courses utilising material and methods defined by the appropriate awarding bodies
- Deliver customer training across the full portfolio of the client's products with particular focus on heat pumps, controls, and systems
- Attend 'Train the Trainer' events within Group to understand each new product and utilise Group sourced material to deliver appropriate training to internal and external customers
- Support the Technical Training Quality Manager with the achievement of defined KPIs in terms of courses run and customers attending including contacting customers to drive course attendance
- Ensure full ownership of offsite / partner and mobile facilities. Each facility will be maintained in a premium condition. Brand material, collateral and literature is ordered, installed, and updated as required. Product is kept both up to date and in full working order
- Support the facilities team with the installation of new products at partner facilities.
- All Health and Safety, Operational and other defined checks are undertaken in a timely way and recorded as required. Corrective actions are taken as appropriate and notified to the responsible persons
- Monitor and measure all tools within the relevant facilities ensuring all tools stocked can be accounted for and that all calibration and service requirements are maintained up to date i.e. flue analysers, multi meters, hand tools etc.
- Undertake appropriate industry retraining as required by the business i.e. G3, ACS etc.
- Working with the Training Development Manager, and the Senior Training Manager continually review and recommend changes and improvements to existing course content and materials with particular focus of on heat pumps, controls, and systems
- Adopt a flexible approach and be prepared to work out of every CoE, customer properties, off site / partner premises and mobile facilities as customer demands dictate. Provide sickness, holiday, or skills gap coverage at CoE's as needed
- Ensure training for customers and internal stakeholders is delivered to the highest standard to meet business needs and achieve training target
- Ensure effective delivery of internal training programmes to staff and colleagues such as Your Knowledge
- Represent both the training team and Company as a brand ambassador at customer events such as Installer Live, Sales Congress etc.
- Support the implementation of the overall customer training strategy to increase footfall, delivering the right training for customer needs across the UK to the highest possible standards.
- Working under the guidance of the Senior Training Manager and the Training Development Manager support course development using industry standard software.
- Degree / HND Qualified in engineering discipline (is desirable)
- Experience in delivery and development of high quality, technical training using industry standard software
- Commercial awareness and customer focused outlook
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of heating and system technologies
- Flexible approach to mobile training with positive, can-do attitude
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Passion for continual improvement
- Self-starter who can meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous and recent experience within training manager role or equivalent is essential
- Previous experience working within a busy office environment
- Strong communication skills
- Good skills with the MS packages - Word, Outlook, Excel
- Highly approachable with good interpersonal skills
- Motivational to work alone or as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to learning new skills to support business requirements.
- Self-starting with a positive outlook and determination to succeed.
Why should you apply?
You would be working for one of the best employers in the area awarded with Gold Investors in People! It is a global heating company based in Belper with great values and ethics. You can enjoy not only family friendly atmosphere and stability but also feel safe with all measures put in place due to Covid19.
- Hybrid working options (role dependant)
- Competitive bonus structure
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Flu vaccinations
- Eye tests
- Bike to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Electric charging stations for cars
- Subsidised restaurant
- Extensive training for all employees
- Company discounts
- Discounts on several online portal (technology, travel, local attractions)
- Summer festivals and Christmas parties
- International development programmes
- Generous pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- 33 days of holidays
- Monthly paid performance bonus
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.