Food Services Porter - £23,500
The Food Services Porter will be responsible for the setting up and service of all
conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars. They will set up and serve all
refreshments breaks, including lunches and dinners, either on their own or with
the support of a colleague The Food Services Porter would be expected to help in
all other areas of food services when the need arises.
Duties and responsibilities
* To set up all conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars to the specification set by the Food
* Endure all area's are set up as per the Set up calendar.
* Set up and service of refreshment breaks and lunches.
* Setting out the rooms to the required standard with the correct Wolfson College material.
* Help set up of all other college events and cafeteria, when needed.
* To assist where necessary on all college events.
* Effective and efficient preparation and set up of meeting rooms ensuring all general and specific
requirements are met, including the provision of all necessary equipment and supplies.
* Keep all teaching, meeting and function rooms in good order on a daily basis i.e., tidy, set to the agreed
default and with clean whiteboards and flip charts.
* Ensure that teaching and meeting rooms are set up to a consistently high and safe standard to meet
the event specification - putting out signage, setting up furniture and AV and tidying away afterwards,
removing out of date signage.
* Ensure that visible storage of furniture is minimised, and tidy, and long-term storage areas are wellorganised and the contents recorded.
Food and Beverage Service:
* Provide professional, polite, efficient and timely service at college and commercial conferences and
events, and in the College cafeteria.
* Preparation and service of all food and beverages at college and commercial conferences and events,
and in the College cafeteria.
* Ensuring that consistently high standards of service are maintained, taking every opportunity to
improve standards whenever possible.
* Deliver service for the College's conference and events business ensuring that the demands of the
customers are met, with the aim of ensuring the College has an excellent reputation for service.
* Covering breaks, sickness and to work full shifts on the Coffee Bar when required.
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR CV