Job title: Agency Relief Chef Blue Arrow - X3 Reading & Hook
Location: Bracknell and Wokingham
Contract type: Temporary
Starting on: December 2021
Rate of pay: Mon- Fri £14.00 to £16.00 + Holiday pay per hour
Weekends £18.00 to £24.00 per hour + Holiday pay per hour
Are you wanting to choose the hours you work and be paid for every hour you work?
Do you enjoy working in a variety of different kitchens gaining experience in all sectors of our industry?
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you.
You will be working for one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies providing chefs cover to a variety of catering and hospitality business. Our clients are: Hotels, Golf clubs, Sporting Venues, Private clubs, Garden centres Schools, Colleges, Universities, Pubs, and Restaurants along with many other catering and hospitality venues. As a relief agency chef, you will work in different venues providing vital cover to ensure that our clients can provide a great food offer to their customers.
- Paid weekly
- Hourly Pay
- Ability to choose the hours you would like to work
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free Parking available
- Chance to gain experience in a variety of different venues
- Training and development available
- Immediate Start
- Choose the days you would like to work, and we will match you up with the most suitable shifts
- Work Monday to Friday or just weekends - The choice is yours.
- Variety of shift patterns available for full time and part time hours
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing & serving fresh meals
- Ensuring high standards of food hygiene are achieved at all times
- Working as part of a team to ensure a great food offer and service
- Experience working as a chef preparing 100+ meals on a daily basis
- Ideally you will have experience working as a Chef for a variety of different hospitality venues
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop your own skills and knowledge, plus those around you
- Flexible and have a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Team player qualities and the ability to work well with staff at all levels in the kitchen
- Positive and approachable manner
- Able to stay calm when pressure mounts or difficulties arise in service
- Understanding of allergens, special diets, portion control and recipe costings
- Level 2 food Hygiene qualification
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for work in Schools and Care homes and other environments with children and vulnerable adults Working as part of a team to ensure a great food offer and service
Desired but not necessary
- City & Guilds 706/1 or 706/2 Catering
- NVQ Level 2 in cookery
- Level 3 Food Safety Awards
- Modern Apprenticeship route in cooking
- City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery
- BTEC HND in professional cookery
- A foundation degree in culinary arts
Our registration is all online and takes as little as 10 minutes, if you are interested please contact us on 01189589962 and ask for Gabriela.