We're currently recruiting for a client of ours based in Gateshead, who are looking for both Administration Assistants & Administration Officers to join their team.This...
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for an Administration Assistant to join our client based in Edinburgh. If you have experience working in a busy administration role and are keen to join a prestigious organisation then please apply today.
1. Job Purpose
Provide confidential administrative support to the office of the Acting Head of College/Head of School's office, and provide cover in the PA to the Head of College/Head of School's absence.
Provide full administrative and secretarial support to various members of the Senior Management Team, including Deputy Heads of School, Heads of Divisions.
Act as point of contact for the School Office within which the HR Department is situated where the need for strict confidentiality is essential.
2. Main Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the PA to the Acting Head of College/ Head of School, Deputy Heads of School and Heads of Division
- Organising internal and external meeting and events, arranging domestic and overseas travel and accommodation itineraries.
· Arranging, attending and servicing a variety of strategic-led meetings, including Business Operations Committee; School Management Team, Health and Safety Committee, including collation and dissemination of paperwork, taking minutes and making and ensure all action points are followed up as required.
· Responsible for maintenance and updating of all-staff emails lists and contacts lists, maintaining and updating floor plans and room allocations, creating organograms and powerpoints while following standard formats and templates.
· General administrative duties including maintaining supply of stationery and stock within the Department, being central point of contact for maintenance of equipment within the School, eg photocopiers/printers, ordering catering, booking meeting rooms, booking taxis for visitors and staff, general office duties
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to a school education to standard grade or equivalent
- Typically 3 years' experience in a secretarial/ administrative role
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in servicing meetings and taking minutes
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to show initiative, and maintain confidentiality