Position: Pastry Chef
Venue: Education - Contract Catering
Salary: up to £19,665 P/A + amazing company benefits!
Hours: 40 hrs week, 5/7 ,Term- time only (35.6 weeks plus five further weeks during Easter/Summer)
Are you an experienced pastry chef looking seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? Want to have a great work life balance.....Then this may be the role for you....
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy dinning room, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, University and student events, external conferences for clients, and a variety of private functions.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious School.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 1 & 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh pastry
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training of the commis chefs
- Ordering and stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
Job Role will involve.....
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A good understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
- Competitive Salary - Up to £19,665 P/A
- Experience working in a world class kitchen with the opportunity to learn and share tips from top chefs and managers
- 38 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Excellent company pension scheme and life assurance
- Paid Overtime
- Easter & Christmas Holidays off
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reduced Bus Pass rate
- Staff loyalty discount card
- Complimentary meals on duty
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV to Rob Jones - or call 02039 603 650. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.