Position: Sous Chef
Sector: Destination Pub & Restaurant
Salary: £35,000 P/A + Service Charge (£4,000 to £6,000 EXTRA)
Live In: Available in a shared house at £360 P/M
This fabulous Destination Pub & Restaurant are looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef for their large brigade.
You will need to be top of your game all day, every day in an often-pressurised environment, be able to demonstrate initiative, balance your skills between kitchen departments, superb customer service and 'getting-stuck-in' style teamwork and have a penchant for the detail.
Due to being a flavour focused Pub & restaurant, the team only cook with the best quality ingredients that are sourced both locally and regionally, Therefore, you will have access to a variety of amazing seasonal ingredients that will allow you to get creative and let your Sous Chef skillset shine.
So, if you're looking for your next exciting challenge and are passionate about consistently producing high quality food, using the finest, local ingredients, then this is the role for you.
I would like to hear from you If...
- Experience as a Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef in a 2 or 3 AA Rosette or Michelin star kitchen
- Stable career history with sustained employment periods in each role
- A real passion for food and fresh ingredients and creating amazing dishes
- Good all-round food knowledge
- Experience in running and managing a team including rotas, stock takes, 1-2-1's and training
- Dedication, motivation, and positivity
- Flexibility to cover shifts as required
- Passion to deliver outstanding dishes whilst demonstrating good food knowledge
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner
My client are offering:
- A contribution pension scheme (both employee and employer);
- Meals on duty;
- Beautiful location and opportunity to work closely with world renowned Chef
- An autonomous and innovative working environment and culture;
- Various internal and external training to ensure we remain industry leading and to assist you with your personal development.
- Staff accommodation in the village is available if required.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 or apply online