Industrial Operatives Monday Friday £10.00 £10.50 per hour Do you have industrial operative experience or looking to get into this field and want a steady...
Position: Goods In Operative
Establishment: Contract Catering
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £22,360 P/A
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Saturday
My client is a leading event catering company encompassing food production, inflight catering, event catering and fixed sites.
Come and join an exciting company which is expanding very quickly and looking for the right people to be part of the team.
They are looking for a passionate and dedicated Goods In Operative to become part of our busy production kitchen team in a wonderful state-of-the-art headquarters in Bicester for our Production team.
To ensure all incoming deliveries are checked and booked in line with the company policies and procedures and to the agreed customer specifications. Key areas of responsibility include smooth running of goods in department, helping drive efficiencies, maintaining food safety, quality and legality and H&S standards at all times.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Unload deliveries
- Manage goods inwards, checking and receipting of goods into the depot in a timely manner
- Check delivered goods against paperwork to ensure correct items have been delivered, in the correct quantity and quality, without damage
- Liaise with Technical department on quality issues/problems ensuring all products received in comply to the customer agreed specifications
- Accurately book all deliveries in on Procure Wizard and complete good in paperwork
- Report all shortages and late deliveries in a timely manner to the relevant departments
- Ensure the goods are segregated as per requesting departments in order to facilitate smooth flow of work throughout the day
- Ensure all items delivered are clearly batch coded and put away in line with company procedure and stock rotated accordingly (FIFO)
- Undertake stocktaking activities as directed and keep stock control systems up to date
- Maintain a clean and tidy work place
- Ensure you adhere to all relevant legislation (H&S, Hygiene, BRC, SALSA etc) and that any violations are reported to your line manager immediately
- Ensure that all Fork Lift documentation including daily check sheets are completed. Correct care and safe use of all company equipment including Forklift, pallet trucks at all times
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- Prior experience of working within materials management or a similar environment is preferred but not essential
- Good communication and numerical skills
- Solutions driven and able to deliver results
- Valid Fork Lift certificate is advantageous
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Open minded and able to embrace and influence change
- Able to work under pressure
- The ability to work in a team, within a productivity range, and contribute positively to its activities
What's in it for you...
- Salary: £22,360 P/A
- Established team
- Room to develop in the contract catering company
- Working in a modern kitchen / Environment
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or contact via email by