Position: Pastry Senior Sous Chef
Establishment: Contract Catering
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £40,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, 45 hours per week,
Hours: 5/7 days
Are you a Pastry Chef with Event or Production Kitchen experience that can produce high volumes of prep ready for event days to the highest of quality?
Then this is the role for you....
My client is looking for a passionate and dedicated Pastry Senior Sous Chef to become part of the Contract Pasty Kitchen team at their state-of-the-art headquarters near Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Responsible for producing up to 5,000 desserts per week for the business, delivering exceptional quality desserts on high volume.
My client are looking for someone who is an inspirational, strong leader and someone who can support with new ideas for seasonal menus.
The Pastry Senior Sous chef role will involve.....
- Working with the Head Chef and leading the pastry team, following recipe specs
- To clearly label and rotate stock including allergen information
- To ensure that the food is of the highest possible standard Working in an organised manner, and cleaning as you go.
- All areas should be clean and hygienic at all times
- To ensure that all food is prepared, produced and packed on time. Learn to use and look after kitchen equipment such as the ice cream pasteuriser and machine.
- To help with stock management, cleaning fridges, rotating stock and stock counting.
- To always be dressed in the correct PPE for the working environment.
- To have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Someone who has a real interest in food and learning.
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to contribute ideas to menus.
Experience & Training:
- At least 2 years' experience working with pastry
- Welcome applicants with previous Sous Chef Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large scale operation.
- GCSE level education or above
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Good craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
What's in it for you...
- Salary: £40,000 P/A
- Early Shifts
- Established team
- Room to develop in the contract catering company
- Working in a modern kitchen / Environment
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or contact via email by