Position: Junior Sous Chef
Establishment: Wedding Venue
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, Straight shifts
Hours/Shifts: 45 Hours per week / 5/7 Days / Shifts will vary depending on event requirements.
My client is recruiting for a Chef De Partie for a recently refurbished venue & kitchen, making it one of Oxfordshire finest country wedding venues. This sole wedding venue can cater for up to 150 guests and as the Junior Sous chef you would be in charge of all aspects of this exciting new venue.
They are looking for a passionate and dedicated Junior Sous Chef' to become part of our busy kitchen at our wonderful state-of-the-art headquarters & wedding venue in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Providing delicious menus for weddings and corporate events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Junior Sous Chef:
- Working with the Head Chef and Sous Chef, following recipe specs.
- To clearly label and rotate stock including allergen information.
- To ensure that the food is of the highest possible standard.
- Working in an organised manner, and cleaning as you go. All areas should be clean and hygienic at all times.
- To ensure that all food is prepared, produced and packed on time.
- To help with stock management, cleaning fridges, rotating stock and stock counting.
- To always be dressed in the correct PPE for the working environment.
- We would like someone who has a real interest in food and learning. Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to contribute ideas to menus.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be inspired to create innovative delicious homemade food. A real forward thinker, being aware of market trends.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- Experienced in managing large scale kitchen operations.
- Salary of Up to £25,000 - £26,000 P/A
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunities to travel while work
- Work in state-of-the-art environment
- Free car parking
- Free meals on duty
- Something different and unique
To apply for this role simply press the 'APPLY' button now. Or Contact Rob Jones at the Newbury Perm Hub on 02039 603 650
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.