Position: General Assistant
Salary: £10.50 P/H
Establishment: B&I / Education
Location: Oxford City Centre
Hours: 40 hrs, 52 weeks per year, Monday to Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
General Assistant required to work for an award-winning contract catering company for a staff restaurant, in Oxford.
My client is one of the UK's leading independent catering companies, serving high-quality, freshly-cooked food to thousands of people in schools and workplaces every day.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a busy catering environment and be able to work as part of a team. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary for working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday [07:30hrs-16:00hrs], 52 Weeks.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with policies and procedures
- To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities
- To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene.
- To ensure that point of sale materials are correct and descriptive menus accompany all dishes and adequately represent the dish they support.
- To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care
- To report and where possible take action about customer or client complaints or compliments
- To be responsible for the preparation, service and presentation of food and beverages and other catering requests
- Provide cover in other areas if required
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
- To ensure you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- To be a committed and motivated Team member focused on the delivery
- To ensure you maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work.
- Be polite and courteous and help your colleagues
- Participate in staff meetings and training as required
- Desired Experience:
- Able to deliver and exceed client expectations
- Able to work on large teams
- Has experience of working in a similar environment
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 02039 603 650.
We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address.