Location: Central Derby
Hourly rate/Salary: £16 per hour, there are enhanced rates for weekend work.
Hours: 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm (5 shifts out of 7)
Do you love working with fresh food on a daily basis? Or are you are currently looking to gain some extra hours, and shifts alongside your current position? Or maybe full time work for a few months? If the answer is yes then this is definitely something suitable for you, and we would love to discuss your application with you further.
We are looking for CDP's to start as soon as possible! The position will require you to work five shifts out of seven. This is a temporary position but will the ability to last for a few weeks/months for the ideal candidate. You will be required to report to the head chef, and support with any sickness, and absences when needed.
You will need to be able to get to and from Derby both early mornings and late nights between the hours of 7am and 4pm.
Key responsibilities include:
* General food preparation
* Previous experience as a chef, at least up to chef de partie role/
* Filling away deliveries
* Washing utensils and dishes
* must be able to run a lone section of the kitchen
* Great communication and team work skills
* Cook all food to excellent quality
* Report to both sous chef and head chef
* Storing and sorting ingredients properly.
* Passion for food
* Ability to work under pressure
* Own chef whites and chef knives
* Ensuring food prep areas are clean in line with health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
* Food hygiene level 2 (dated within the last three years)
* Previous experience as a chef, at least up to chef de partie role/ Sous chef
* Happy to clean any areas needed.
* Has excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Is able to use their own initiative and as work as part of a team
* Able to communicate/report any issues to the relevant people effectively
* Is hard-working, and reliable.
* Has experience in a similar role or similar environment
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our chefs who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, Some of our chefs have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
* Great pay rates and weekly pay
* your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
* Dedicated consultant
* Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
* Mixtures of shifts.
* PAID FOR EVERY HOUR WORKED
* ongoing work in majority of our clients
* Company pension scheme
As this position is based in Derby, there are fantastic transport links throughout Derby to reach the venue as there is also parking available on site - its within walking distance of the city centre.
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the requirements, we please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Location: Central Derby