Blue Arrow Derby is proud to be working in partnership with a leading legal and professional service client, who due to expansion are looking to recruit Technical Advisor x5 (Remortgages) to join their team on a full-time permanent basis based at their office in Leeds.
About The Role
This role will be based on site, but there is opportunity to work from home on Friday's and additional day in the week, after completing a successful training and probationary period.
The postholder will be required to undertake their own administration and handle their own telephone calls in relation to their high-volume caseload.
Please note previous experience within re-mortgages is essential to be considered for this role.
Hours: 37.5 hour per week - 8:30am - 5:00pm or 9 - 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
Duties will include:
* An ability to manage a high-volume caseload of a minimum of 200 new Technical Non-Fast Track Remortgage instructions per month to include Transfers of Equity, Deeds of Postponement, Restrictions, Shared Ownership and Staircasing and any other technical work required
* Liaise with the client and borrower and other external where necessary
* Carry out a title investigation
* Carry out any basic non-fast track tasks
* Carry out identification checks
* Obtain a redemption statement for every charge affecting the property
* Check the mortgage offer
* Chase any outstanding documentation required to proceed to completion
* Set a suitable date for completion in accordance with the client and borrower requirements
* Carry out any searches required on the property or borrower
* Process completion
* Attend to post completion matters and ensure the client's charge is secured as a first legal charge
* Scan or file incoming post
* Deal efficiently and effectively with telephone calls made by the client, borrower or third party
* Refer technical issues to the Quality and Technical Advisor for completion
* Always keep all parties in the transaction up to date such as client, introducer, borrower, or broker
* To provide technical assistance to the remortgage caseworkers as required
* To provide technical assistance to other members of the technical non-fast track team as and when required
* To aid on transactional matters as required
* Ensure the case management system is used to process all relevant aspects of the transaction.
* Ensure that accurate information is input onto the database.
* Ensure the Quality and Technical Advisor is made aware immediately of any issues which may lead to a problem or complaint.
* At least a year's experience in a similar technical role
* Previous experience within re-mortgages is essential
* Previous experience working within a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to process tasks in a volume caseload
* Proven IT skills, in particular experience of using a case management system
* An ability to work in a demanding environment, working to strict deadlines and within Service Level Agreements and to other targets.
* A careful and methodical approach to work demonstrating a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring that processes, procedures etc are followed accurately.
* A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
* Strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A self-starter with a 'can do' approach to work, used to demonstrating initiative; and
* Experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others.
Why should you apply?
* Flexible working
* Working from home opportunities (after successful training and probationary period)
* IT equipment provided by company
* Training and development opportunities
* 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days after 5 years' service
* Standard auto enrolment pension - 3%
* 2* death in service
* Access to group private medical scheme which provides discount
* Eye test vouchers for Specsavers
* Christmas party plus an annual conference
* Sociable team and have that great culture generally
Our client is based in Leeds City Centre, so if you have access to your own car and live in surrounding areas, great! This site is also easily commutable via public transport - bus stops and train station are a 5-10-minute walk from the site. Please note there in no on-site parking available, but ample city centre car parks nearby.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.